Search NoVa Caps Site
- Pacific Division Wins Three-On-Three Tournament At 2020 NHL All-Star Game In St. Louis
- Bears Beat Bruins 3-2 In Shootout, Christian Djoos Scores Game Winner
- Capitals’ John Carlson Finishes Second In Hardest Shot At 2020 NHL All-Star Skills
- Bears Beat Thunderbirds 5-2, Matt Moulson Scores Two Goals in 1,000th Professional Game
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman Discusses 2021 All-Star Weekend In Florida, Diversity, & Digital Innovations
- Wayne Gretzky: “I Want To See [Capitals’ Alex] Ovechkin [Break] My Record”
- Details For 2020 NHL All-Star Skills Competition
- Adios, Mexico! Washington Capitals Wrap-Up Bye Week And All-Star Break Vacations
- Brian Pinho’s Offensive Rise A Boost For Hershey
- Dale Hunter Wins 800th Career Game as Coach In OHL
Tag Archives: Contracts
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have a big summer looming with major contributors’ contracts set to expire, key role players up as restricted free agents, and some big names that can sign contract extensions on July 1. NoVa Caps takes … Continue reading
Photo: NBC Washington Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom held a press conference with GM Brian MacLellan and Team President Dick Patrick on Tuesday afternoon after he inked a five-year contract that carries a cap hit of $9.2 million.
Capitals’ Backstrom: “It’s Important For Me To Stay In Washington. It Has Become Me And My Family’s Home For The Last Thirteen Years.”
Photo: WaPo On Tuesday morning, the Washington Capitals re-signed center Nicklas Backstrom to a five-year, $46 million contract. Backstrom told Aftonbladet, a Swedish newspaper, how much this new deal means to him and his future in Washington.
The Washington Capitals re-signed center Nicklas Backstrom to a five-year contract extension that carries a cap hit of $9.2 million per season that begins next year on Tuesday morning. Backstrom could have become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. … Continue reading
Photo: @mikecommito Friday marked the 12-year anniversary of Washington Capitals signed captain Alex Ovechkin becoming the first player to sign a $100 million contract in NHL history. His contract was worth $124 million over 13 years ($9.54 million cap hit).
Photo: Sporting News Sportsnet’s John Shannon reported on Monday night that the Washington Capitals, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Boston Bruins “will try to sign” unrestricted free agent forward Justin Williams if the Carolina Hurricanes fail to sign him by February … Continue reading
Nicklas Backstrom Confirms He’s Negotiating New Contract On His Own: “I Feel Like I Have A Good Enough Relationship With This Organization”
Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom confirmed on Monday that he has parted ways with his agent and is negotiating a new contract by himself. The 32-year old is in the final year of a 10-year, $67 million contract, and extension … Continue reading
During the “Saturday Headlines” segment on Sportsnet’s Hockey Night in Canada broadcast on Saturday, NHL insider Elliotte Freidman said that Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has begun talks about a contract extension directly with GM Brian MacLellan.
Report: Capitals Have Decided “To Be Patient” With Nicklas Backstrom And Braden Holtby Contract Decisions
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have decided to be patient in contract negotiations with center Nicklas Backstrom and goaltender Braden Holtby, who can each become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, according to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun. Backstrom and … Continue reading
Alex Ovechkin spoke to the media on Thursday at Capitals media day. Continue reading