Search NoVa Caps Site
- Wednesday Night Hockey Preview: Capitals, Maple Leafs Look To End Losing Streaks
- Alex Ovechkin Passes Dave Andreychuk in Career Goals
- Alex Ovechkin Will Serve Suspension For Skipping All-Star Game on February 1 vs. Flames
- Alex Ovechkin Records Hat Trick in 7-6 Loss Against the San Jose Sharks
- Sharks Outscore Capitals 7-6 (OT); Alex Ovechkin Scores 23rd Career Hat Trick
- 11th Annual Congressional Hockey Challenge Set For February 6th
- Capitals Reportedly Listening To Offers on Andre Burakovsky, Seeking Top-Nine Forward in Any Deal
- With Christian Djoos Close To Return, What Should the Capitals Do? (Readers’ Poll)
- Christian Djoos Practices In No-Contact Jersey; Capitals To Make Decision on When Alex Ovechkin Will Serve Suspension Wednesday
- NoVa Caps Mailbag: Trotz vs. Reirden, Balancing Common Sense and Justified Concern, Perspective On The Capitals
Tag Archives: Contracts
Jakub Vrana is becoming the next big-time Washington Capitals star. Continue reading
Washington Capitals general manager Brian MacLellan told reporters on Friday in his mid-season meeting that the team wants to begin negotiating a contract with forward Jakub Vrana, who can become a restricted free agent July 1, soon, and discussed more.
The Washington Capitals had a very busy summer. Between winning the Stanley Cup, celebrating with the Stanley Cup, and drinking half the world’s supply of alcohol out of the Stanley Cup, they also had to re-sign some key players to … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported that forward William Nylander and the Toronto Maple Leafs agreed to a six-year contract worth an average annual value of $6.9 million right before the 5:00 deadline for him to sign a contract. He … Continue reading
Photo: ESPN Defenseman Nate Schmidt signed a six-year contract extension worth an average annual value of $5.95 million with the Vegas Golden Knights, the team announced on Thursday morning. Schmidt, 27, could have become an unrestricted free agent on July … Continue reading
Signed, Sealed, Delivered: After A Big Pay Day, John Carlson is Molding Into One of The League’s Top Defenseman
Photo: Washington Times Entering last season with the departures of defensemen Nate Schmidt, Karl Alzner, and Kevin Shattenkirk, a lot more responsibility was assigned to John Carlson. An early-season injury to Matt Niskanen that cost him 14 games out of the lineup … Continue reading
Photos: Ottawa 67s The Washington Capitals signed forward prospect Kody Clark to a three-year entry-level contract with an average annual value of $870,000, the team announced on Monday morning. Clark, 19, was the Capitals’ second-round pick (47th overall) this past June.
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals signed defenseman Alexander Alexeyev to a three-year, entry-level contract worth an average annual value of $925,000, the team announced on Monday evening.
Bill Boyce/Associated Press With training camp just a few weeks away, the Capitals’ Opening Night roster and NHL roster as a whole will look very similar to last season’s, considering that General Manager Brian MacLellan was able to bring back … Continue reading
Photo: TSN The Washington Capitals signed Sergei Shumakov to a one-year, entry-level contract worth $925,000, the team announced on Saturday morning. Shumakov was a free agent in the KHL.