Search NoVa Caps Site
- Maple Leafs Fire Head Coach Mike Babcock
- A Close Game With The Rangers Looming: How Do These Teams Stack up When The Score Is Within a Goal
- Garnet Hathaway Suspended 3 Games
- Riley Sutter: “ I’ve Been Waiting For That Day For A While”
- Injuries And Recalls And Hathaway’s Hearing, Oh My!- News From Morning Skate
- Capitals Place Carl Hagelin On Long-Term IR, Nic Dowd On IR, Announce Nicklas Backstrom Will Miss Wednesday’s Game at Rangers With Upper-Body Injury
- Capitals Recall Beck Malenstyn, Mike Sgarbossa, Tyler Lewington and Ilya Samsonov From Hershey
- Wednesday Night Hockey Preview: Capitals Take On Rangers In The Big Apple
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway To Have Hearing For Spitting At Ducks’ Erik Gudbranson
- Hagelin, Dowd Out; Hathaway Awaits Possible Supplemental Discipline- News From Morning Skate
Tag Archives: Contracts
Report: Capitals Have Decided “To Be Patient” With Nicklas Backstrom And Braden Holtby Contract Decisions
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have decided to be patient in contract negotiations with center Nicklas Backstrom and goaltender Braden Holtby, who can each become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, according to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun. Backstrom and … Continue reading
Alex Ovechkin spoke to the media on Thursday at Capitals media day. Continue reading
Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan Discusses Evgeny Kuznetsov Situation, Michal Kempny’s Status, And Contracts At Media Day
Washington Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan spoke to the media at the team’s media day on Thursday to discuss contracts, injury updates, and center Evgeny Kuznetsov’s situation.
Over the last couple of weeks, the collective bargaining agreement talks have heated up between the league owners and Players’ Association. The current CBA was signed back in January 2013 and is set to expire on September 15, 2022.
With Sergei Bobrovsky, Andrei Vasilevskiy Contracts Done, One Thing Is Clear: Capitals’ Braden Holtby Is Going To Get Paid, But How Much? [Readers’ Poll]
Photo: Pinterest On Monday morning, the Tampa Bay Lightning announced that they have signed goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy to an eight-year contract that carries an average annual value of $9.5 million. Vasilevskiy’s contract comes on the heels of goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky’s … Continue reading
According to CapFriendly, the Washington Capitals have agreed to terms with forward Chandler Stephenson on a one-year contract worth $1.05 million. Stephenson, 25, became a restricted free agent on July 1 and filed for salary arbitration ahead of the deadline … Continue reading
Photo: Eyes On Isles The AHL’s Hershey Bears announced on Wednesday that they have signed forward Matt Moulson to a one-year AHL contract.
Photo: Sports Illustrated Washington Capitals defenseman Christian Djoos was awarded a one-year, $1.25 million contract by a neutral arbitrator on Wednesday. Djoos, who became a restricted free agent on July 1, and the Capitals presented their cases to that neutral … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday afternoon that they have re-signed forward Jakub Vrana to a two-year contract that carries a cap hit of $3.35 million per season. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on July 1.
Photo: 106.7 The Fan The Colorado Avalanche announced on Monday that they have signed Andre Burakovsky to a one-year contract worth $3.25 million. Burakovsky was a restricted free agent. The Avalanche acquired the 23-year old from the Washington Capitals in … Continue reading