Search NoVa Caps Site
- Madison Square Garden Chairman Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Before He Became The Great Eight: An Interview With 18-year old Alex Ovechkin
- Capitals’ Nic Dowd And Garnet Hathaway Appear On NBC Sports Washington During Intermissions Of Virtual Game
- Rental Depreciation: Should There Be Compensation For Teams That Acquired “Rentals” at the Trade Deadline if the Remainder of the Season is Cancelled?
- Second Avalanche Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Bill Daly: NHL Will “find ways to fit games” in August, if Necessary
- Islanders Release Statement Regarding Their Future Home, Belmont Park Arena
- Proposing A Fair Format To Resume The 2019-20 NHL Season
- Blues’ Play-By-Play Announcer, John Kelly, Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Martin Fehervary Will Spend Break in Hockey Working on Degree in Sales And Marketing
Tag Archives: Contracts
Capitals GM Brian MacLellan: “There’s A Little Cheat In Our Game… I Don’t Think We’re Playing The Right Way”
Defenseman Brenden Dillon, who was acquired from the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday afternoon in exchange for a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional third-round pick in 2021, will arrive in Washington later this afternoon, according to GM Brian … Continue reading
Photo: WaPo As we get into the stretch run of the 2019-20 season, the offseason will be here before we all know it and the Washington Capitals will have some major contract decisions to make in the near future. NoVa … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have a big summer looming with major contributors’ contracts set to expire, key role players up as restricted free agents, and some big names that can sign contract extensions on July 1. NoVa Caps takes … Continue reading
Photo: NBC Washington Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom held a press conference with GM Brian MacLellan and Team President Dick Patrick on Tuesday afternoon after he inked a five-year contract that carries a cap hit of $9.2 million.
Capitals’ Backstrom: “It’s Important For Me To Stay In Washington. It Has Become Me And My Family’s Home For The Last Thirteen Years.”
Photo: WaPo On Tuesday morning, the Washington Capitals re-signed center Nicklas Backstrom to a five-year, $46 million contract. Backstrom told Aftonbladet, a Swedish newspaper, how much this new deal means to him and his future in Washington.
The Washington Capitals re-signed center Nicklas Backstrom to a five-year contract extension that carries a cap hit of $9.2 million per season that begins next year on Tuesday morning. Backstrom could have become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. … Continue reading
Photo: @mikecommito Friday marked the 12-year anniversary of Washington Capitals signed captain Alex Ovechkin becoming the first player to sign a $100 million contract in NHL history. His contract was worth $124 million over 13 years ($9.54 million cap hit).
Photo: Sporting News Sportsnet’s John Shannon reported on Monday night that the Washington Capitals, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Boston Bruins “will try to sign” unrestricted free agent forward Justin Williams if the Carolina Hurricanes fail to sign him by February … Continue reading
Nicklas Backstrom Confirms He’s Negotiating New Contract On His Own: “I Feel Like I Have A Good Enough Relationship With This Organization”
Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom confirmed on Monday that he has parted ways with his agent and is negotiating a new contract by himself. The 32-year old is in the final year of a 10-year, $67 million contract, and extension … Continue reading
During the “Saturday Headlines” segment on Sportsnet’s Hockey Night in Canada broadcast on Saturday, NHL insider Elliotte Freidman said that Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has begun talks about a contract extension directly with GM Brian MacLellan.