Search NoVa Caps Site
- The NHL’s Coaching Abuse Scandal: Is the League Going Soft Or Positively Evolving?
- The Evolution of Shane Gersich
- Stars Fire Head Coach Jim Montgomery For “Unprofessional Conduct”
- Washington Capitals Scarlet Caps To Host Hockey ’N Heels Tuesday, Jan. 14
- Columbus Drops Washington 5-2, Ends Capitals’ Winning Streak At Six Games
- 2,500 and Counting: Capitals’ Assistant Equipment Manager Craig “Woody” Leydig Works 2,500th Game Against Columbus Blue Jackets
- Capitals’ Ovechkin On The Russian Olympic Ban: “It’s Always Disappointing To Hear Something Like That.”
- Road Warriors: Capitals Are NHL’s Best Road Team Through 30+ Games
- Capitals’ John Carlson Named NHL’s First Star Of The Week
- Nicklas Backstrom Returns Tonight; Capitals Full Lineup Will Start For The First Time This Season: News From Morning Skate
Tag Archives: Coaching
Photo: NY Post Bill Peters resigned as head coach of the Calgary Flames on Friday morning. Peters did not coach the Flames’ 3-2 overtime victory over the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday after former NHL forward Akim Aliu accused him of … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals are committing too many penalties on the ice. Continue reading
Coaching Changes in Chocolatetown: Additions Behind the Hershey Bench and Within the Capitals Front Office Could Make A Difference For the Bears in 2019-20
Photo: NHL The 2019 offseason has been a busy one for the Capitals’ American Hockey League affiliate Hershey Bears. After the addition of a few veteran players to a returning core that lost some longtime team leaders, as well as … Continue reading
Comparing The First 20 Games Under First-Season Capitals Head Coaches: How Has Todd Reirden Faired With The Defending Champs So Far?
Photo: Sports Illustrated Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden entered this season under an unusual and unique circumstance: taking over the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, something only four other coaches have done. Now that 20 games of Reirden’s first taste … Continue reading
Photo: AHL.com The Washington Capitals hired Reid Cashman as an assistant coach, according to Bill Riga, the associate head men’s hockey coach at Quinnipiac University.
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: Youtube Providence Bruins’ assistant coach, Spencer Carberry, was named as head coach of the Hershey Bears on Tuesday morning.
Photo: Zimbio After Barry Trotz resigned as Capitals head coach on Monday afternoon, he did not stay unemployed for very long. The New York Islanders hired Trotz on Thursday afternoon. The Islanders were the only other team in the NHL … Continue reading
Photo: Sporting News The Washington Capitals announced on Monday afternoon that head coach Barry Trotz has resigned and will not be back with the team.
Thursday afternoon, Elliott Friedman of Sportsnet released his weekly 31 thoughts column. #26 on the list centered on speculation that Capitals bench boss Barry Trotz may have publicly stated he won’t be back with the Capitals next season.