Search NoVa Caps Site
- Grading the Capitals’ Forwards for the 2019-2020 Season (So Far)
- Capitals’ Nick Jensen: “When You End The Season Short Like That, It’s Just Kind Of All For Nothing.”
- Final Pre-Draft Prospect Rankings From NHL Central Scouting
- Capitals’ John Carlson If or When the NHL Resumes Play: “It Will Definitely Feel Like A New Season, Almost”
- Florence Schelling Named General Manager of SC Bern
- Nic and Paige Dowd Announce Dowd’s Crowd Logo Design Contest in Honor of Autism Awareness Month
- Aliaksei Protas Named to WHL Eastern Conference First All-Star Team
- Commissioner Bettman Says NHL Still a Few Weeks Away From Deciding on Season
- Kristian Roykas-Marthinsen: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Vegas Odds Now Against Next NHL Game Being Played Before August 1
Tag Archives: Coaching
Photo: Knights On Ice A few years ago, FiveThirtyEight.com calculated that the average tenure for an NHL head coach is 2.4 seasons. In comparison, an NBA head coach stays with his team for an average of 2.3 seasons while an … Continue reading
Photo: The Athletic The Nashville Predators announced on Monday evening that they have fired head coach Peter Laviolette and assistant coach Kevin McCarthy. They have yet to announce who will take over behind the bench and said that the head … Continue reading
Photo: NY Post Bill Peters resigned as head coach of the Calgary Flames on Friday morning. Peters did not coach the Flames’ 3-2 overtime victory over the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday after former NHL forward Akim Aliu accused him of … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals are committing too many penalties on the ice. Continue reading
Coaching Changes in Chocolatetown: Additions Behind the Hershey Bench and Within the Capitals Front Office Could Make A Difference For the Bears in 2019-20
Photo: NHL The 2019 offseason has been a busy one for the Capitals’ American Hockey League affiliate Hershey Bears. After the addition of a few veteran players to a returning core that lost some longtime team leaders, as well as … Continue reading
Comparing The First 20 Games Under First-Season Capitals Head Coaches: How Has Todd Reirden Faired With The Defending Champs So Far?
Photo: Sports Illustrated Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden entered this season under an unusual and unique circumstance: taking over the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, something only four other coaches have done. Now that 20 games of Reirden’s first taste … Continue reading
Photo: AHL.com The Washington Capitals hired Reid Cashman as an assistant coach, according to Bill Riga, the associate head men’s hockey coach at Quinnipiac University.
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: Youtube Providence Bruins’ assistant coach, Spencer Carberry, was named as head coach of the Hershey Bears on Tuesday morning.