Search NoVa Caps Site
- Recent Draft Picks Of The Washington Capitals and St. Louis Blues – Part 2
- Hurricanes Unveil New Road Jerseys For 2019-20 Season
- Bears Announce Preseason Schedule, Will Host Wilkes-Barre/Scranton On September 28
- Recent Draft Picks Of The Washington Capitals and St. Louis Blues – Part 1
- Second Annual Alexander Ovechkin Cup Complete
- Minding The Net: Which Team Has The Best Goaltending Tandem in the Metropolitan?
- Former Capitals’ Prospect Chase Priskie Signs Two-Year Entry-Level Contract With Hurricanes
- Update: Dasher Boards, Benches, and Fencing Installed In Capitals’ Legacy Project Rink in Fredericskburg, Virginia
- Alex Ovechkin Participates In Opening of New Branch of Avangard Hockey Academy
- Tom Wilson Will Look To Pick-Up Where He Left Off
Tag Archives: Coaching
Comparing The First 20 Games Under First-Season Capitals Head Coaches: How Has Todd Reirden Faired With The Defending Champs So Far?
Photo: Sports Illustrated Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden entered this season under an unusual and unique circumstance: taking over the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, something only four other coaches have done. Now that 20 games of Reirden’s first taste … Continue reading
Photo: AHL.com The Washington Capitals hired Reid Cashman as an assistant coach, according to Bill Riga, the associate head men’s hockey coach at Quinnipiac University.
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: Youtube Providence Bruins’ assistant coach, Spencer Carberry, was named as head coach of the Hershey Bears on Tuesday morning.
Photo: Zimbio After Barry Trotz resigned as Capitals head coach on Monday afternoon, he did not stay unemployed for very long. The New York Islanders hired Trotz on Thursday afternoon. The Islanders were the only other team in the NHL … Continue reading
Photo: Sporting News The Washington Capitals announced on Monday afternoon that head coach Barry Trotz has resigned and will not be back with the team.
Thursday afternoon, Elliott Friedman of Sportsnet released his weekly 31 thoughts column. #26 on the list centered on speculation that Capitals bench boss Barry Trotz may have publicly stated he won’t be back with the Capitals next season.
Photo: NHL via Getty Images Since Barry Trotz took over behind the Capitals bench before the 2014-15 season, the Capitals have won three Metropolitan Division titles, two President’s Trophies, and have returned to being a perennial playoff team. Associate Coach … Continue reading
While the Capitals will be looking to win their second straight game tonight in Chicago against the Blackhawks, tonight’s game will mark Head Coach Barry Trotz’ 1,500th NHL game coached of his career. In doing so, Trotz will become just … Continue reading
The Capitals closed out 2017 with a big win over the Devils which put them back into first place in a tight Metropolitan Division race. The victory was not only significant for standings points, it was significant for their coach, placing him … Continue reading