Search NoVa Caps Site
- “Ovechkin Immediately Proved His Greatness” – Former Washington Capitals Forward Tomas Fleischmann Talks Alex Ovechkin, Current Endeavors, the Premature End of His NHL Career and More
- Report: At Least Three Canadiens Players Test Positive For COVID-19 On Eve Of Phase Three
- For Shane Gersich, This Training Camp Will Be Critical For Continuing Capitals Career
- Washington Capitals Announce Roster for Phase 3 of NHL’s Return to Play Plan
- List Of Players That Have Chosen to ‘Opt-Out’ of 2020 NHL Playoffs
- Michal Kempny Details the Re-Entry Process for Capitals Players Returning From Europe
- NHL Announces Blackout On Injury Reporting To Maintain Player Privacy
- Former Capitals’ Defenseman Mike Green Opts Out Of 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs For Oilers
- Capitals Release Schedule For First Week Of Training Camp
- Nicklas Backstrom: “I Trust That We Have A Good Plan”
Tag Archives: Coaching
Photo: Knights On Ice A few years ago, FiveThirtyEight.com calculated that the average tenure for an NHL head coach is 2.4 seasons. In comparison, an NBA head coach stays with his team for an average of 2.3 seasons while an … Continue reading
Photo: The Athletic The Nashville Predators announced on Monday evening that they have fired head coach Peter Laviolette and assistant coach Kevin McCarthy. They have yet to announce who will take over behind the bench and said that the head … Continue reading
Photo: NY Post Bill Peters resigned as head coach of the Calgary Flames on Friday morning. Peters did not coach the Flames’ 3-2 overtime victory over the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday after former NHL forward Akim Aliu accused him of … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals are committing too many penalties on the ice. Continue reading
Coaching Changes in Chocolatetown: Additions Behind the Hershey Bench and Within the Capitals Front Office Could Make A Difference For the Bears in 2019-20
Photo: NHL The 2019 offseason has been a busy one for the Capitals’ American Hockey League affiliate Hershey Bears. After the addition of a few veteran players to a returning core that lost some longtime team leaders, as well as … Continue reading
Comparing The First 20 Games Under First-Season Capitals Head Coaches: How Has Todd Reirden Faired With The Defending Champs So Far?
Photo: Sports Illustrated Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden entered this season under an unusual and unique circumstance: taking over the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, something only four other coaches have done. Now that 20 games of Reirden’s first taste … Continue reading
Photo: AHL.com The Washington Capitals hired Reid Cashman as an assistant coach, according to Bill Riga, the associate head men’s hockey coach at Quinnipiac University.
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: Youtube Providence Bruins’ assistant coach, Spencer Carberry, was named as head coach of the Hershey Bears on Tuesday morning.