Search NoVa Caps Site
- QMJHL Announces Plans To Begin 2020-21 Season On October 1, Without Fans
- Canadiens’ Head Coach Claude Julien Out Of Hospital, Will Return Home To Montreal
- Henrik Lundqvist, P.K. Subban and Matt Dumba Named Finalists For 2019-2020 King Clancy Memorial Trophy
- Washington Capitals – New York Islanders – Round 1, Game 2 Preview
- Montreal Canadiens’ Head Coach Claude Julien Rushed To Hospital, Not Expected To Rejoin Team Before End Of Philadelphia Series
- Tom Wilson On Backstrom Hit: “I Definitely Think It’s Fuel For The Fire”
- Nicklas Backstrom Will Not Play In Game 2, “He Is In (Concussion) Protocol”
- Lars Eller Returns To Practice Following Quarantine: “It Wasn’t Particularly Fun Sitting In Your Room For Four Days.”
- Hurricanes’ Head Coach Rod Brind’Amour Fined $25,000 For Calling Officiating “A Joke”
- Postgame Analytics: Isles Dominate at Even Strength, Down Caps 4-2 in Game 1
Tag Archives: Coaches Challenge
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images NHL Public Relations released some stats on coach’s challenges from around the league this season through Thursday, December 12 on Saturday. The challenge has become effective as most have changed the determination of goals that were … Continue reading
Tuesday night, a Washington Capitals goal was disallowed after Columbus coach John Tortorella used his coaches challenge to argue that the zone entry the Capitals had was off-side. A while back, I argued that this rule needs to change because … Continue reading
In Tuesday night’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, Caps fans were bringing down the house when team captain Alex Ovechkin punched the game winning goal into the net for the win that clinched their berth in the 2016 Stanley Cup … Continue reading
This week, the NHL’s general managers descended on Boca Raton, Florida to discuss the state of the sport. Topics included expansion (and the draft surrounding it), increasing scoring, goalie equipment, video replay, the coaches’ challenge, and the salary cap.
Photo by Jamie Sabau/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals fell to the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-4 in a shootout on Saturday night at Nationwide Arena. The Capitals record dropped to 28-8-2, and marks the first time the Capitals have lost … Continue reading
The main gripes with the current Challenge System are the game delays it causes and the fact that only certain things are challengeable. But what should be done to make the system function better and make it more exciting? Below, … Continue reading
The new NHL Coach’s Challenge that has been implemented for this season was supposed help out the game and it was to cut down the controversy on any questionable goals. It has not lived up to its expectations.
I’m a homer and I won’t pretend to be otherwise. That said, we’ve seen the coaches challenge used four times this season and the Caps are losing at a 75% clip.
(Photo: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports) In a speech to the National Pres Club today, Capitals Head Coach Barry Trotz revealed that during recent NHL meetings the league reviewed the Joel Ward “No Goal” call that came in game 5 of the second round … Continue reading