Search NoVa Caps Site
- The Latest Vegas Odds For When The 2020-21 NHL Season Will Begin
- A Pyrrhic Victory and Casualties in Carolina: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals @ Carolina Hurricanes – November 30, 2009
- A Look Ahead To 2021 Free Agency For the Capitals
- Former Capital Wojtek Wolski Wins Canadian Battle of the Blades Reality Skating Competition
- Carl Hagelin Will Help Henrik Lundqvist Get Acclimated In D.C., Just Like Lundqvist Did For Him In New York
- Alex Ovechkin Reflects On Dreams, Role Models, Dealing With Adversity And A Possible Acting Career
- Liam O’Brien Leaves Hershey Bears; Signs with Colorado Eagles
- Vitek Vanecek’s Essay Details The Feelings And Fears He Faced In Coming To America: “I Felt Lost In America From The First Moment”
- Alexei Protas Participates in ‘World Day Of Pets’ Promotional Events for HC Dynamo Minsk
- Jakub Vrana Speaks About His Mother, Jana Vranova, And Her Fight With Cancer
Tag Archives: Coaches Challenge
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images NHL Public Relations released some stats on coach’s challenges from around the league this season through Thursday, December 12 on Saturday. The challenge has become effective as most have changed the determination of goals that were … Continue reading
Tuesday night, a Washington Capitals goal was disallowed after Columbus coach John Tortorella used his coaches challenge to argue that the zone entry the Capitals had was off-side. A while back, I argued that this rule needs to change because … Continue reading
In Tuesday night’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes, Caps fans were bringing down the house when team captain Alex Ovechkin punched the game winning goal into the net for the win that clinched their berth in the 2016 Stanley Cup … Continue reading
This week, the NHL’s general managers descended on Boca Raton, Florida to discuss the state of the sport. Topics included expansion (and the draft surrounding it), increasing scoring, goalie equipment, video replay, the coaches’ challenge, and the salary cap.
Photo by Jamie Sabau/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals fell to the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-4 in a shootout on Saturday night at Nationwide Arena. The Capitals record dropped to 28-8-2, and marks the first time the Capitals have lost … Continue reading
The main gripes with the current Challenge System are the game delays it causes and the fact that only certain things are challengeable. But what should be done to make the system function better and make it more exciting? Below, … Continue reading
The new NHL Coach’s Challenge that has been implemented for this season was supposed help out the game and it was to cut down the controversy on any questionable goals. It has not lived up to its expectations.
I’m a homer and I won’t pretend to be otherwise. That said, we’ve seen the coaches challenge used four times this season and the Caps are losing at a 75% clip.
(Photo: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports) In a speech to the National Pres Club today, Capitals Head Coach Barry Trotz revealed that during recent NHL meetings the league reviewed the Joel Ward “No Goal” call that came in game 5 of the second round … Continue reading