Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Qualify Six Restricted Free Agents
- Thank You Batya! Teammates, Fans, Media, and Others Pay Tribute to Brooks Orpik
- Report: Capitals Expected To Qualify Andre Burakovsky
- Capitals Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Hurricanes Acquire Gustav Forsling, Anton Forsberg From Blackhawks In Exchange For Calvin de Haan, Aleksi Saarela
- 2017-2018 Washington Capitals Inducted Into D.C. Sports Hall of Fame [IMAGES]
- A Few Prospects To Watch At This Year’s Washington Capitals Development Camp
- Capitals Release Roster For 2019 Development Camp
- Blueline Battle Brewing In Bears Town
- Capitals Release 2019 Development Camp Information
Tag Archives: Coach
Washington Capitals‘ head coach Todd Reirden officially starts his new job today, as training camp gets underway at MedStar Capitals Iceplex.
Photo: The Hockey News Todd Reirden became the second head coach in NHL history to take over a team that had just come off of a Stanley Cup victory when he was named head coach of the Washington Capitals on … Continue reading
Photo: AHL.com The Washington Capitals hired Reid Cashman as an assistant coach, according to Bill Riga, the associate head men’s hockey coach at Quinnipiac University.
After winning the Stanley Cup, the Capitals GM is going to be busy in the next few weeks. Continue reading
Former Capitals Defenseman John Erskine Joins Queens University Men’s Hockey Team As Assistant Coach
Rob Carr/Getty Images Whether a superstar or role player, many NHL players go on to pursue careers in coaching, oftentimes joining an NHL, minor league team, or even college teams. Add former Capitals defenseman John Erskine to the latter.
The Capitals closed out 2017 with a big win over the Devils which put them back into first place in a tight Metropolitan Division race. The victory was not only significant for standings points, it was significant for their coach, placing him … Continue reading
What’s the Fouss? Another Bizarre Coach Split: Why Did the Coyotes and Dave Tippett Break Apart the Day Before the NHL Draft?
Ross D. Franklin/The Associated Press On Thursday evening, the Arizona Coyotes decided to mutually part ways with Head Coach Dave Tippett. Tippett has been the Head Coach of the Coyotes since 2009. Despite several seasons without making the playoffs, Tippett … Continue reading
Las Vegas continued with the hiring of former Capitals employees on Wednesday with the announcement that they have hired Dave Prior as Director of Goaltending and Head Goaltending Coach.
(Photos: @JMSimpson) Today, Capitals Coach Barry Trotz spoke at a National Press Club luncheon to discuss his inaugural coaching year with the Capitals and to preview the season ahead. What initially impressed Trotz was the Caps’ urgency to win a … Continue reading
(Photo: Washington Post) The Washington Capitals’ hiring of Barry Trotz last spring brought with it a much-needed cultural change . One fairly evident trait of last season’s Washington Capitals team was the ability to rally and keep themselves in games … Continue reading