Search NoVa Caps Site
- Damien Riat: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly On Resuming 2019-20 Season: “It’s Not Going To Be A Knee Jerk Reaction.”
- Madison Square Garden Chairman Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Before He Became The Great Eight: An Interview With 18-year old Alex Ovechkin
- Capitals’ Nic Dowd And Garnet Hathaway Appear On NBC Sports Washington During Intermissions Of Virtual Game
- Rental Depreciation: Should There Be Compensation For Teams That Acquired “Rentals” at the Trade Deadline if the Remainder of the Season is Cancelled?
- Second Avalanche Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Bill Daly: NHL Will “find ways to fit games” in August, if Necessary
- Islanders Release Statement Regarding Their Future Home, Belmont Park Arena
- Proposing A Fair Format To Resume The 2019-20 NHL Season
Tag Archives: Capital Centre
Photo: Getty Images 20 years and five months have passed since the Capitals last game at the U.S. Airways Arena/Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland. Since that time, the Capitals have been playing at MCI/Verizon/Capital One Arena at the corner of … Continue reading
Photo: Justin K. Aller/Getty Images In their 43 years of existence the Capitals have been a relatively stable team when it comes to front office personnel and team operations. They’ve had just two owners (Abe Pollin from 1974-99 and Ted Leonsis … Continue reading
Photo: The NHL The Capitals have been known to wear some of the freshest uniforms in the NHL. We wanted to ask our readers, which uniform is the best of all time? Please vote at the end of the article.
Washington Post The Capital Centre was the first-ever home of the Washington Capitals and was constructed in 1972 under former Capitals Owner Abe Pollin, who owned the team from its inception in 1974 to 1999, when he sold the team … Continue reading
Photo: @TedStarkey via Getty Images 35 years ago today, the Capitals hosted the NHL All Star Game at the old Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland. At the time, this was the 34th NHL All Star Game.
The day the Capitals moved to the Verizon Center (then known as the MCI Center) on December 2, 1997, was a day many longtime fans of the franchise found difficult to fathom. The team’s longtime home, the Capital Centre, had … Continue reading