Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: Capital Centre
Photo: Getty Images 20 years and five months have passed since the Capitals last game at the U.S. Airways Arena/Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland. Since that time, the Capitals have been playing at MCI/Verizon/Capital One Arena at the corner of … Continue reading
Photo: Justin K. Aller/Getty Images In their 43 years of existence the Capitals have been a relatively stable team when it comes to front office personnel and team operations. They’ve had just two owners (Abe Pollin from 1974-99 and Ted Leonsis … Continue reading
Photo: The NHL The Capitals have been known to wear some of the freshest uniforms in the NHL. We wanted to ask our readers, which uniform is the best of all time? Please vote at the end of the article.
Washington Post The Capital Centre was the first-ever home of the Washington Capitals and was constructed in 1972 under former Capitals Owner Abe Pollin, who owned the team from its inception in 1974 to 1999, when he sold the team … Continue reading
Photo: @TedStarkey via Getty Images 35 years ago today, the Capitals hosted the NHL All Star Game at the old Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland. At the time, this was the 34th NHL All Star Game.
The day the Capitals moved to the Verizon Center (then known as the MCI Center) on December 2, 1997, was a day many longtime fans of the franchise found difficult to fathom. The team’s longtime home, the Capital Centre, had … Continue reading