Search NoVa Caps Site
- Washington at Pittsburgh Series Preview: Capitals Continue Road Trip vs. Penguins
- Islanders’ Semyon Varlamov Leaves Pregame Skate vs. Rangers After Taking Shot In Throat, Does Not Play
- The Goal: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals at Phoenix Coyotes – January 16, 2006
- Capitals’ Vitek Vanecek on NHL Debut, 2-1 Victory Over Sabres: “The Dream Came True”
- Vitek Vanecek Wins In NHL Debut, 2-1; Czech Mate Jakub Vrana Scores Second Goal In First Two Games
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette Says Connor McMichael Will Join The Team Following Quarantine
- Vitek Vanecek Will Make First Career NHL Start Friday Night In Buffalo
- NHL Reschedules Capitals-Bruins Game In April
- Television Ratings For Return Of NHL Are Up, Set Records
- No Hearing For Nic Dowd’s Hit To Eric Staal
Tag Archives: Bryan Hailey
Photo: @Capitals The 2019-20 NHL season paused on March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic and all but two hockey leagues across the planet have canceled the remainder of their seasons. In this NoVa Caps “Point-Counterpoint” we debate: Should the … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals are fully engulfed in their annual mid-season swoon. Each of the last five or six seasons, sometime around the All-Star break, the Caps end up fighting through the dog days of Winter. Having established themselves as an … Continue reading
Photo by Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports Flyers. A dirty word in our household. The second-worst F-word. Often muttered in tandem with the worst F-word. The Philadelphia Flyers are as contemptible an opponent as the Capitals play. Consistently irritating, like sand … Continue reading
Washington Capitals forward Travis Boyd is missing. Well, technically, he’s not missing. During almost every game he can be found in the press box watching the game from above. But he’s been missing from the lineup too often recently.
As the Capitals teeter on the edge of another customary mid-winter swoon, one of their special teams’ units got a head start. The power play, once a vaunted powerhouse, has been sputtering for better than a month.
Despite all the exciting hockey being played on the ice, the National Hockey League has unfortunately been in the news lately as much for things happening off the ice. A scandal surrounding coaches’ actions and behaviors is beginning to unfold. … Continue reading
Brooks Orpik: Man. Myth. Legend. Villain? Brooks Orpik retired this week as a Washington Capital fan favorite, but he wasn’t always celebrated as such. In fact, during his 11 seasons as a Pittsburgh Penguin, I despised Brooks Orpik. It wasn’t … Continue reading
Photo: @nastyashubskya Yesterday was amazing for Caps fans. Celebrating the Stanley Cupiversary allowed us to revel in the goosebump-inducing moments of June 7, 2018: Devante Smith-Pelly and Lars Eller excelling in clutch moments. A weird scoreboard clock issue and Nick … Continue reading
Photo: NBC Sports After a First Round exit in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs for the Washington Capitals, it’s time to look ahead to the 2019-20 season and see what the team needs to do to put the team in … Continue reading
Hello Game 7, We Meet Again: The Washington Capitals Look To Build On Recent Successes In The “Decisive Game”
Photo: NHL via Getty Images Game Seven. The two most exciting words in sports. Two words dripping with anticipation. Two words which can both elate and deflate. Two words that, for Washington Capitals fans, are fraught with danger.