Search NoVa Caps Site
- Big Night For Big John: John Carlson Records 400th Career Assist in 800th Career Game
- Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana On Trade From Capitals: “I Was Kind Of Shocked But At The Same Time, It’s A Great Opportunity I’m Looking Forward To”
- Grading Each East Division Team’s Trade Deadline
- Capitals Sign Conor Sheary To Two-Year Contract Extension Worth $3 Million
- Vitek Vanecek and Ilya Samsonov: Who Is The Capitals’ Number One Netminder?
- Swede Milestone: Nicklas Backstrom Passes Daniel Alfredsson For Fourth-Most Assists By A Swedish-born Player
- Shear(y) Madness: Conor Sheary Records Three Points in 6-1 Victory Over Flyers
- Capitals Pound Flyers, 6-1; Anthony Mantha Scores In Capitals Debut
- That Didn’t Take Long! Anthony Records First Point, Scores First Goal In Capitals Debut
- Capitals’ Families Return to Capital One Arena Ahead of Tuesday’s Game Against Flyers
Tag Archives: Broadcasting
Getty Images With the onset of the coronavirus cancelling, pausing, or suspending various sports leagues’ seasons and events in the last several weeks, the impact goes beyond just teams, players, and personnel. The broadcasting crews that cover these leagues have … Continue reading
The Sports Business Journal reported on Monday that The NHL is considering potentially splitting its media rights among multiple partners. In addition, the report stated that ESPN and Fox Sports have already shown preliminary interest in acquiring shared rights.
Photo: Washington Capitals Al Koken is a name that is synonymous with Washington Capitals hockey, and for good reason. For more than 30 seasons, “Smokin Al” has helped bring the experience of Capitals television broadcasts into fans’ living rooms. From … Continue reading
While the prospects were playing their final game of the prospect showcase in Florida, the veterans were back at MedStar Capitals Iceplex in Arlington for another informal practice prior to training camp, which kicks off on Thursday.
Photo: John Locher/AP The NHL announced on Thursday that Commissioner Gary Bettman will be inducted into the Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame. Joining Bettman in the 2018 class include tennis commentator Mary Carillo, NBC Sports broadcaster Bob Costas, sports documentarian … Continue reading
Every Capitals fan knows the electric and captivating voice of Capitals TV play-by-play announcer Joe Beninati. Joe, who along with former Caps player Craig Laughlin and longtime broadcaster Al Koken, have been calling Capitals games since 1994, with Koken being … Continue reading