Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Arenas to Show Support For Healthcare Workers Tonight at 8PM
- Northern California Official Doesn’t Expect “Any Sports Games Until at Least Thanksgiving”
- Grading the Capitals’ Forwards for the 2019-2020 Season (So Far)
- Capitals’ Nick Jensen: “When You End The Season Short Like That, It’s Just Kind Of All For Nothing.”
- Final Pre-Draft Prospect Rankings From NHL Central Scouting
- Capitals’ John Carlson If or When the NHL Resumes Play: “It Will Definitely Feel Like A New Season, Almost”
- Florence Schelling Named General Manager of SC Bern
- Nic and Paige Dowd Announce Dowd’s Crowd Logo Design Contest in Honor of Autism Awareness Month
- Aliaksei Protas Named to WHL Eastern Conference First All-Star Team
- Commissioner Bettman Says NHL Still a Few Weeks Away From Deciding on Season
Tag Archives: Brett Leonhardt
From Horseback Riding To Beach Volleyball In Mexico: Washington Capitals Kick-Off Bye Week And All-Star Break Vacations
Photo: larsellerofficial The Washington Capitals are enjoying some time off with family and friends prior to the NHL All-Star Weekend and the second half of the season. Here are the team’s latest vacation spots.
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images For many years, Olaf Kolzig manned the goal-crease in Washington, backstopping the Capitals to an appearance in the 1998 Stanley Cup Finals. However, in the mid-2000’s the Capitals invested in the future in net by drafting youngsters … Continue reading
Follow along and enjoy all the coverage of the teams’ “days with the cup”. We will continuously update this post as more celebrations occur, until the Capitals relinquish the Stanley Cup. Note: You can always access this post, or any … Continue reading
Photo: Kitchener Today After spending the day with Braden Holtby on Monday in Saskatchewan, the Stanley Cup headed back east to New Hamburg, Ontario, for a date with the Capitals video coach, Brett Leonhardt, on Thursday. (Reminder, you can find … Continue reading
Screen cap: NBC Sports Washington General Manager Brian MacLellan and the Washington Capitals officially introduced Todd Reirden as their next head coach on Tuesday. Reirden, 47, was named the 18th head coach in franchise history on June 29 and only … Continue reading
News and Notes from Wednesday’s Captals Practice at Kettler: Shane Gersich Could Make NHL Debut Soon and More Goalie Madness
The Washington Capitals are back in D.C. following an impressive road trip that saw them secure all six points in three original six cities. On Monday night, the team defeated the Rangers thanks to a four-goal first period and another … Continue reading
News and Notes from Thursday’s Capitals Morning Skate at Little Caesars Arena: Is Evgeny Kuznetsov “Hot-N-Ready” for Game Action?
Photo: @Capitals After a thrilling win over the Dallas Stars on Tuesday night to put a big monkey off their back the Washington Capitals headed to Detroit. On Thursday night, the team will begin a three game road trip in … Continue reading
They say that fortunes can turn on a dime. In Wednesday night’s game against the Flyers, the Capitals fortunes were changed in an instant on a single call from the press box.
Photo: Washington Capitals The Capitals hit the ice this morning following a tough 4-3 loss to the Islanders in Brooklyn last night. Their focus now shifts to the Devils, who come to town tomorrow night.