Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Re-assign Craig Anderson To Taxi Squad, Zach Fucale To AHL Hershey
- Sabres Flatten Capitals, 5-2, In Nicklas Backstrom’s 1,000th Game; Anthony Mantha Scores Twice In As Many Games Since Trade
- Ant-Man Strikes Again: Anthony Mantha Scores In Second Straight Game, Nicklas Backstrom Records An Assist on His Big Night
- Stick Taps to Nicky: Former and Current Teammates, Fellow Swedes, And More Pay Tribute To Nicklas Backstrom on the Night of His 1,000th Game
- N1KY: Capitals Honor Nicklas Backstrom With Pregame Ceremony For Playing 1,000th Game
- Capitals Recall Craig Anderson From Taxi Squad, Assign Zach Fucale To Taxi Squad
- Vitek Vanecek Will Start In Goal Tonight, Ilya Samsonov Out Day-To-Day With Upper Body Injury: Notes From Morning Skate
- Big Night For Big John: John Carlson Records 400th Career Assist in 800th Career Game
- Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana On Trade From Capitals: “I Was Kind Of Shocked But At The Same Time, It’s A Great Opportunity I’m Looking Forward To”
- Grading Each East Division Team’s Trade Deadline
Tag Archives: Brennan Reidy
Is Jakub Vrana beginning to look like everything the Capitals hoped Andre Burakovsky would be? With the rumors that the Capitals are fielding offers for Burakovsky, speculation of his departure is becoming more and more justified. The Capitals have stated … Continue reading
Photo: Joe Noyes Following the most memorable year in Capitals history, Capital One Arena, the Capitals’ home rink, was fitted with $40 million in upgrades prior to the opening of the 2018-2019 season. In this piece, NoVa Caps takes a … Continue reading
Michal Kempny is the best trade acquisition the Capitals have made in years. In February of 2018, the Caps swiped Kempny from the Chicago Blackhawks for a third round pick in the 2018 draft. It was a most genius transaction … Continue reading
Could a 20-game suspension be the best thing that ever happened to an NHL forward? In Tom Wilson’s case, it may just be. Throughout his career, Wilson has dominated scoresheets when it comes to all things physical. For years, his … Continue reading
Growing up, many of us sports fans heard stories from our fathers, mothers, grandparents, and extended family about who they saw play in their day. Iconic athletes that are now legends, including greats like Joe Montana, Ted Williams, Bobby Orr, … Continue reading
The Caps have long been known as an offensive locomotive, and are still very much so. With weaponry such as Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom, TJ Oshie, and a handful more, the NHL’s defenses have long feared the firepower that they … Continue reading
I’ll say it outright. During Caps games, the Verizon center is way too quiet. Not to knock the fans, because we are some of the best in the NHL, but my goodness, soft-spoken much? (Part I here).
Lots of Caps fans might be saying “what happened to Tom Wilson?” There isn’t a freight train derailing opponents on his every shift, and his fists aren’t being thrown on a regular basis. Where did the favorite bash brother disappear … Continue reading
After last years’ ridiculous breakout performance, expectations for Russian stud Evgeny Kuznetzov are at an all-time high. Through over a quarter of the year, the star has produced well below forecasted, and the struggles have only seemed to snowball.
Just what he needed. When absolutely nothing seemed to be going his way, and age seemed to be catching up, Justin Williams found his game against Boston.