Search NoVa Caps Site
- Coaching Clashes: Pierre-Luc Dubois The Latest In Coach-Player Saga in John Tortorella’s Time In Columbus
- Lars Eller Texts Capitals’ Team Chef Rob For Most Of His Meals At Home
- Report: Patrik Laine Revealed Reason for Leaving Winnipeg – Rude Treatment in Locker Room
- Capitals Lines At Morning Skate: Tom Wilson Skates, Michael Sgarbossa Recalled
- New York at Washington Series Preview: Peter Laviolette Clashes With Barry Trotz For First Time As Capitals’ Coach In 2020 First-Round Rematch
- Gr8 Endurance: Appreciating Alex Ovechkin’s Longevity Compared to His Peers – Early 2021
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson: “The Points Are More Important Now Than Ever”
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette: “We’re Still Ways To Go From Feeling Very Comfortable With It”
- Tom Wilson Returns To Capitals Practice
- Capitals Release New Third Jerseys
Tag Archives: Bill Daly
NHL Comissioner Gary Bettman: “We Understand We Are Going To Need To Be Flexible And Agile, And We Are Prepared To Do That.”
Photo: NHL.com NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman told the media that “We understand we are going to need to be flexible and agile, and we are prepared to do that,” two days before opening night of the 2020-21 season.
As we previously reported, the NHL’s general managers held a video call with league officials, including commissioner Gary Bettman and deputy commissioner Bill Daly, at noon on Friday. It’s been reported that GM’s were advised not to comment publicly on … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals First things first, as it needs to be stated. The NHL and the NHLPA have done a tremendous job in developing and executing a plan for the successful conclusion of the 2019-20 season. The fact that there have … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images As a condition of a formal agreement in place between the league, teams and players, the NHL will now be providing all official announcements regarding testing for COVID-19 and subsequent cases detected as a result … Continue reading
NHL Optimistic That Extended United States-Canada Border Closure Won’t Push Season Restart Back Any Later
Photo: CTV News Despite the border between the United States and Canada’s closure to non-essential travel being extended through June 21, the NHL is still “hopeful” that it won’t “materially affect the resumption of play timelines we are currently contemplating,” … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images According to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun, the NHL Board of Governors were not ready to announce anything regarding the 2020 NHL Draft, which will be held virtually and could occur before the 2019-20 season resumes, … Continue reading
NHL Board Of Governors To Discuss Draft Date, Centralized Locations To Resume Regular Season This Week
Photo: Tourist Secrets The NHL will talk about a potential date for the 2020 NHL Draft and narrowing their list of centralized locations to resume the 2019-20 regular season this week, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman.
Image: YouTube Frequent testing and testing protocols used will be an important part of any scenario the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association consider for resuming the season, according to NHL.com.
NHL, NHLPA Form “Return To Play” Committee; Toronto, Columbus Leading Contenders for Two of Four Host Cities
Larry Brooks of the New York Post reported on Saturday that a “Return to Play” Committee established by the league and the union has conducted a pair of conference calls over the past three days with regularly scheduled “meetings” to … Continue reading
Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly: Single or Multiple Positive COVID-19 Tests Wouldn’t Necessarily Shut Down Restart Attempt
Photo: Chris Young As the NHL attempts to formulate plans to restart the 2019-20 season, deputy commissioner Bill Daly says a single positive or multiple positive tests involving players or personnel wouldn’t put an immediate halt to on-ice activity.