Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: Big Data
Photo: NHL When most hockey fans hear about the new player and puck tracking system set to be deployed by the NHL, they most likely have an instant vision of the old “FoxTrax” system implemented by Fox Sports in the … Continue reading
Graphic: RIT.edu On Tuesday, Capitals beat writer Isabelle Khurshudyan held a wide ranging interview with General Manager Brian MacLellan and Head Coach Barry Trotz discussing how they’ll improve the team, be it through “statistics, video or, as Trotz put it, ‘the … Continue reading
Debuted in Columbus this past All-Star game, the NHL in cooperation with the NHLPA and SAP will once again be implementing the new state-of-the-art technologies for this years World Cup of Hockey.
Update: Hockey’s Next-Generation Technologies – Puck and Player Tracking Systems Come to the Capitals
As noted in a previous NoVa Caps story, new technology is coming to the NHL and it’s coming fast. In a recent Washington Post article, it was noted that the Washington Capitals utilized GPS and heart-rate monitoring technologies during the … Continue reading