Search NoVa Caps Site
- A Look Back at the Capitals Season-Ending, Playoff-Clinching Winning Streak of 2007-2008
- Mitchell Gibson: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Interview with “The Viper”, Aliaksei Protas
- Four Additional Members of the Ottawa Senators Organization Tested Positive for Coronavirus
- Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Discusses New Baby Girl, Alizee, the NHL Pause, & the Possibility of Summer Playoff Hockey
- NHL and NHLPA Each Discussing Possibility of New CBA Now
- Tobias Geisser: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- NHL Potentially Playing the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs in Centralized Cities
- Toronto Cancels All Major Events Through June 30 But Doesn’t Apply To Pro Sports Leagues
- John Carlson Voted Second-Best Defenseman, Alex Ovechkin Voted Second-Best Follow on Social Media: Results from 2019-20 NHLPA Player Poll
Tag Archives: Andrea Sobolik
Gruesome Seguin injury, Suspensions for stray punches, playoff scenarios, key injury updates, What’s Drouin doin’? and a whole lot more.
This week, the NHL’s general managers descended on Boca Raton, Florida to discuss the state of the sport. Topics included expansion (and the draft surrounding it), increasing scoring, goalie equipment, video replay, the coaches’ challenge, and the salary cap.
Gary A. Vasquez, USA TODAY Sports Recently, NoVa Caps previewed the recent five-game road trip in “The Feisty Five: How The Next Five Games Will Test the Capitals, which took a look at how the Capitals would fare in he next … Continue reading
While the trade deadline has come and gone, it doesn’t mean that teams aren’t facing line-up changes.
Photo: WAMU As the regular season winds down, the focus naturally shifts to the playoffs. It’s probably safe to say that the Washington Capitals will have the first seed in the Eastern Conference. However; what isn’t known, who will the … Continue reading
This week has news coming from all over the league this week, as the NHL trade deadline was Monday. Many teams made many changes in personnel, and many teams resigned key individuals as well.
Photo: Washington Capitals It is hard to believe that we are nearly a month away from the play-offs, and the Capitals are cruising through the season with 98 points and leading the league with this point total. However; the biggest … Continue reading
Toni L. Sandys/The Washington Post Capitals fans have enjoyed a historic season in the making this year. Braden Holtby is amongst the league leaders in wins, save percentage, and goals against. Alex Ovechkin has 40 goals again this season, and … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images Capitals fans late Sunday/early Monday morning were jolted by the news that Capitals mainstay center Brooks Laich had been dealt to Toronto along with Connor Carrick with a 2016 second round pick in exchange for Daniel Winnik … Continue reading