Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Vitek Vanecek on NHL Debut, 2-1 Victory Over Sabres: “The Dream Came True”
- Vitek Vanecek Wins In NHL Debut, 2-1; Czech Mate Jakub Vrana Scores Second Goal In First Two Games
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette Says Connor McMichael Will Join The Team Following Quarantine
- Vitek Vanecek Will Make First Career NHL Start Friday Night In Buffalo
- NHL Reschedules Capitals-Bruins Game In April
- Television Ratings For Return Of NHL Are Up, Set Records
- No Hearing For Nic Dowd’s Hit To Eric Staal
- Capitals Extend Opening Night Splendor: T.J. Oshie, John Carlson, Nicklas Backstrom And Alex Ovechkin Extend Opening Night Streaks
- Capitals’ Brenden Dillon Drops the Gloves With Sabres’ Jake McCabe
- Capitals Scrape Sabres, 6-4, In Peter Laviolette’s Debut; T.J. Oshie Earns Three Points
Tag Archives: 2020-21 Season
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The NHL announced multiple changes to the 2020-21 regular-season schedule, which included moving the Boston Bruins-Washington Capitals game at Capital One Arena from Sunday, April 11 to the day before.
Ovi Magic: With Two-Point First Period Against Buffalo Sabres, Alex Ovechkin Now At 363 Multi-Point Games
Sara Schmidle/NHLI Via Getty Images With the puck dropped in the first period of the Washington Capitals’ 2020-21 season opener against the Buffalo Sabres, Washington captain Alex Ovechkin’s 16th NHL season began, and the inevitable talk of how many goals … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images As the realigned divisions are set and with the 2020-21 season just a day away, NoVa Caps wraps up with their division previews. Today, we look at the East Division:
After waiving nine players and making roster cuts on Monday, the Washington Capitals iced their expected lineup for when the team visits the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday (7 PM ET, NBC Sports Washington) at Tuesday’s practice.
NHL Comissioner Gary Bettman: “We Understand We Are Going To Need To Be Flexible And Agile, And We Are Prepared To Do That.”
Photo: NHL.com NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman told the media that “We understand we are going to need to be flexible and agile, and we are prepared to do that,” two days before opening night of the 2020-21 season.
The Washington Capitals placed nine players, including forward Shane Gersich and Michael Sgarbossa in addition to defenseman Lucas Johansen and goaltender Pheonix Copley, on waivers on Monday as they prepare to submit their final 23-man and four-to-six player taxi squad … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals made roster cuts on Monday, just ahead of the deadline at 5 PM ET on Tuesday to submit their final 23-man and four-to-six skater taxi squad rosters. They will also be required to carry at least three … Continue reading
Photo: Wikipedia The Vancouver Canucks announced on Sunday that they have canceled their training camp activities for the day out of precaution after players could have been exposed to COVID-19. The NHL will announce if any players tested positive for … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, the Detroit Red Wings claimed defenseman Christian Djoos on waivers from the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday. In addition, the Nashville Predators placed defenseman Tyler Lewington on waivers.
Washington Capitals defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler thinks that the competition on a crowded blueline is “a good thing [because it] keeps you on [your] toes every practice.” He feels like there is “a pretty healthy competition here right now.”