Search NoVa Caps Site
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Brent Johnson
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look At Washington Capitals 2021 Draft Pick Vincent Iorio
- Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan Says He Anticipates Signing Alex Ovechkin to A New Contract Before Free Agency Starts
- The Capitals Select Goaltender Chase Clark In The Sixth Round Of The 2021 NHL Entry Draft
- The Capitals Select Defenseman Dru Krebs In The 6th Round Of The 2021 NHL Entry Draft
- The Capitals Select Forward Haakon Hanelt In the 5th Round Of The 2021 NHL Entry Draft
- Capitals Select Defenseman Joaquim Lemay In the Fourth Round Of The 2021 NHL Entry Draft
- Capitals Select Defenseman Brent Johnson In The Third Round Of The 2021 NHL Entry Draft
- Capitals Select Defenseman Vincent Iorio In The Second Round Of The 2021 NHL Entry Draft
- Flyers Acquire Cam Atkinson From Blue Jackets For Jakub Voracek
Tag Archives: 2020-2021 Washington Capitals
Nick Jensen’s career as a Capital has been an interesting story to follow. After the Capitals acquired him at the 2019 trade deadline, General Manager Brian MacLellan immediately inked Jensen to a four year, $10 million contract. Jensen was a … Continue reading
On October 10, 2020, the Washington Capitals signed right handed defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk to a one year, $800,000 contract. At the time, van Riemsdyk was looked at as a depth signing, likely slotting in below right handed defensemen John … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images Now a seasoned veteran and established member of the Capitals’ core group of players, John Carlson is a known commodity. When it comes to offensive production, Carlson is in the elite echelon of performers, but … Continue reading
A few weeks go we took a first look at the Washington Capitals defense and their performance over the course of the 2020-21 regular season (here). In today’s post we’ll expand on that initial evaluation and provide additional context by … Continue reading
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images The Capitals overcame an early injury to starting net-minder Vitek Vanecek and powered their way to a 3-2 victory in the extra frame. The game was a back-and-forth affair, with both teams locked up at … Continue reading
The next and final post in the regular season review for each of the Capitals’ position groups will focus on the performance of the Capitals’ defensemen and goaltending positions. Our review for the forwards group can be found here.
Welcome to the best part of the calendar year! The regular season is winding down and blood pressures are beginning to rise. Thats right, it’s playoff season, and the Capitals are primed for another run.
Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images Well, that went fast. There are just just 12 games remaining in the Capitals’ abbreviated 56-game regular season schedule. That’s it. The season will close two weeks from Tuesday with a home tilt against the … Continue reading
Photo: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports After flying through the first 26 days of March with a 10-2-0 record, the Capitals’ level of play and overall production has regressed significantly. Since March 28th, the Capitals have gone 4-4-0, giving up 30 … Continue reading
Photo by Andy Marlin/NHLI via Getty Images Prior to yesterday’s 2-1 overtime win against the New Jersey Devils, the Capitals were struggling defensively, giving up 17 goals against over three games, a concerning 5.66 goals against per game average.