Search NoVa Caps Site
- A New Kind of Goalie Helmet: Braden Holtby Fan Puts New Spin on “Goaltending Helmet”
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson on Monday’s “Routine Hockey Scrum”: “You’re Taught To Stand Up For Your Goalie, So That’s What I Was Doing”
- Alex Ovechkin, Justin Schultz Out, Daniel Sprong Will Play Tonight
- Ilya Samsonov Is On COVID-19 Protocol Lis
- Tom Wilson Participated In Morning Skate, Is “Good To Go” Tonight
- Philadelphia at Washington Preview: Capitals Start Three-Game Season-Closing Homestand vs. Flyers
- Rangers’ Pavel Buchnevich Suspended One Game For High-Sticking Capitals’ Anthony Mantha
- Capitals Loan Michal Kempny To AHL Hershey On Conditioning Stint
- Spencer Carbery Primed For Future Job In Washington
- Rangers Fined $250,000 After Releasing Statement Calling George Parros “Unfit” For Leading Department Of Player Safety
Tag Archives: 2018 Olympics
Photo: Maddie Meyer/Getty Images Team USA and Team Canada will once again do battle in what has become one of the most anticipated events of the 2018 Winter Olympics. The two teams will faceoff for the gold medal tonight. Puck … Continue reading
News and Notes from Tuesday’s Capitals Morning Skate in Winnipeg: Who Will Be Scratched? And Is Alex Ovechkin Watching This Year’s Olympics?
The Washington Capitals hit the road to begin a four-game road trip in which three of those four contests will come against teams in the Central Division. First up is a Tuesday night contest with the second-place Winnipeg Jets. Prior … Continue reading
Photo: Tori Hartman During the second intermission of the NHL Winter Classic, a ceremony took place as Team USA announced their roster of players who are going to be donning the red, white, and blue at the 2018 Winter Olympics … Continue reading
News and Notes from Wednesday’s Capitals Morning Skate: Update on T.J. Oshie, Prep for Blackhawks, Plus Alex Ovechkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov React to Russia Olympic Ban
The Capitals hit the Kettler ice on Wednesday morning to prepare for tonight’s game with the Chicago Blackhawks. Tonight will be the fourth game of a season-long five game homestead for the Capitals. Washington has won five of their last … Continue reading
Washington Capitals’ superstar Alex Ovechkin has made his intentions very clear over the last two years. He will play in the Olympics, regardless. And although Ovechkin has been direct in his intentions, and has the backing of his boss, his … Continue reading
Photo: ru-Sports In an interview with Russia’s Sport-Expres, Washington Capitals Alex Ovechkin said that he “has a small chance of participating in the Olympic Games in 2018.”
ALEXANDER NEMENOV/AFP/Getty Images The NHL will not participate in the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics. The league decided to make the announcement today so it doesn’t overshadow the playoffs.
Should the NHL Allow its players to travel to the 2018 Winter Olympics? Continue reading
Photo: Awful Announcing The NHL is making initial moves to officially skip the 2018 Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea. The NHL’s participation has been up in the air for the last year or so.