Search NoVa Caps Site
- “The Next Few Weeks Are Going to Be Big For Him”: Hershey Bears Head Coach Scott Allen Talks Connor McMichael, Organizational Success, and More
- Former Washington Capital Jeff Halpern Gets Day With Stanley Cup As Coach With Tampa Bay Lightning
- Capitals Hire Dr. Aimee Kimball as Senior Director of Team and Organizational Development
- Images From Day 2 Of Washington Capitals Development Camp
- “I Have to Get Bigger, Stronger, and Faster”: Capitals Fifth-Round Pick Bear Hughes
- Capitals’ Prospect Hendrix Lapierre: “I Feel Confident In My Abilities And My General Play”
- Hockey and All That: Pre-Training Camp Edition
- Capitals’ Prospect Connor McMichael: “I Had A Really Good Offseason”
- 36 Going on “More Legendary”: A Look at Washington Capitals Icon Alex Ovechkin’s Accomplishments Up to Age 36
- Alex Ovechkin Celebrates 36th Birthday At Echostage
Tag Archives: 2018 NHL Draft
Checking In With Old Friends: Philipp Grubauer Is Taking the Colorado Avalanche to the Second Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs
Former Washington Capitals netminder Philipp Grubauer is taking the Colorado Avalanche further into the postseason. Continue reading
Photo: Sport Aktuality.sk The Washington Capitals announced Sunday morning that they have signed defenseman Martin Fehervary to a three-year entry-level contract with an annual average value of $925,000.
The Washington Capitals selected defenseman Martin Fehervary from IK Oskarshamn of Allsvenskan with the 46th overall pick and right wing Kody Clark from the Ottawa 67’s of the Ontario Hockey League from the 47th overall pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.
Photo: @Capitals With their 31st pick they selected left-handed defensemen Alexander Alexeyev. There will be an in-depth look at him (and the other picks) in subsequent posts. In the meantime, there’s still rounds two through seven to go.
Photo: Capitals Twitter The Washington Capitals selected defenseman St. Petersburg native Alexandar Alexeyev from the Red Deer Rebels of the WHL with their first-round pick in 2018. The Capitals selected 31st overall after winning the Stanley Cup two weeks ago.
Photo: Zimbio The Washington Capitals acquired the 47th overall pick in the second round from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Brooks Orpik and goaltender Philipp Grubauer, the team announced roughly half an hour before the NHL Draft in … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals draft strategy has always been draft the best available player and that strategy has treated them pretty well over the years. But sometimes it’s hard to ignore the needs of the team. Looking through the prospect pool … Continue reading
Who are some of the big names that will be selected during the 2018 NHL Draft? Continue reading
Photo:CHL/Fansided It’s challenging for Championship teams, or even teams that consistently make the playoffs, to remain competitive because of where they pick at the end of round 1. The Washington Capitals have done a fantastic job at finding top talent … Continue reading
The 2018 NHL Entry Draft is set for next Friday and Saturday (June 22nd and 23rd) at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Round 1 will be held Friday night with rounds 2-7 taking place Saturday morning and Saturday … Continue reading