Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Arenas to Show Support For Healthcare Workers Tonight at 8PM
- Northern California Official Doesn’t Expect “Any Sports Games Until at Least Thanksgiving”
- Grading the Capitals’ Forwards for the 2019-2020 Season (So Far)
- Capitals’ Nick Jensen: “When You End The Season Short Like That, It’s Just Kind Of All For Nothing.”
- Final Pre-Draft Prospect Rankings From NHL Central Scouting
- Capitals’ John Carlson If or When the NHL Resumes Play: “It Will Definitely Feel Like A New Season, Almost”
- Florence Schelling Named General Manager of SC Bern
- Nic and Paige Dowd Announce Dowd’s Crowd Logo Design Contest in Honor of Autism Awareness Month
- Aliaksei Protas Named to WHL Eastern Conference First All-Star Team
- Commissioner Bettman Says NHL Still a Few Weeks Away From Deciding on Season
Tag Archives: 2018 NHL Draft
Checking In With Old Friends: Philipp Grubauer Is Taking the Colorado Avalanche to the Second Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs
Former Washington Capitals netminder Philipp Grubauer is taking the Colorado Avalanche further into the postseason. Continue reading
Photo: Sport Aktuality.sk The Washington Capitals announced Sunday morning that they have signed defenseman Martin Fehervary to a three-year entry-level contract with an annual average value of $925,000.
The Washington Capitals selected defenseman Martin Fehervary from IK Oskarshamn of Allsvenskan with the 46th overall pick and right wing Kody Clark from the Ottawa 67’s of the Ontario Hockey League from the 47th overall pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.
Photo: @Capitals With their 31st pick they selected left-handed defensemen Alexander Alexeyev. There will be an in-depth look at him (and the other picks) in subsequent posts. In the meantime, there’s still rounds two through seven to go.
Photo: Capitals Twitter The Washington Capitals selected defenseman St. Petersburg native Alexandar Alexeyev from the Red Deer Rebels of the WHL with their first-round pick in 2018. The Capitals selected 31st overall after winning the Stanley Cup two weeks ago.
Photo: Zimbio The Washington Capitals acquired the 47th overall pick in the second round from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Brooks Orpik and goaltender Philipp Grubauer, the team announced roughly half an hour before the NHL Draft in … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals draft strategy has always been draft the best available player and that strategy has treated them pretty well over the years. But sometimes it’s hard to ignore the needs of the team. Looking through the prospect pool … Continue reading
Who are some of the big names that will be selected during the 2018 NHL Draft? Continue reading
Photo:CHL/Fansided It’s challenging for Championship teams, or even teams that consistently make the playoffs, to remain competitive because of where they pick at the end of round 1. The Washington Capitals have done a fantastic job at finding top talent … Continue reading
The 2018 NHL Entry Draft is set for next Friday and Saturday (June 22nd and 23rd) at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Round 1 will be held Friday night with rounds 2-7 taking place Saturday morning and Saturday … Continue reading