Search NoVa Caps Site
- Wednesday Night Hockey Preview: Capitals Collide With Predators At Capital One Arena
- Critical Points Are Up For Grabs As the Capitals Approach February
- Capitals’ Jakub Vrana Extends Career-Best Point Streak To Nine Games In Win Over Canadiens
- Vitek Vanecek Wins MVP Of 2020 AHL All-Star Challenge
- Capitals Hold Off Habs, 4-2; Jakub Vrana Scores Seventh In Eight Games
- Montreal Canadiens Pay Tribute to NBA Legend Kobe Bryant and Daughter Gianna During Star-Spangled Banner Before Game Against Capitals
- Boyder Back in Business: Travis Boyd Scores in First Game In Nearly A Month
- A Look at Potential Trade Deadline Acquisitions For The Washington Capitals
- Capitals Have Third-Most Favorable Schedule During Stretch Run
- Reader’s Opinion: It’s Time To Bring The NHL All-Star Game Back To Washington D.C.
Tag Archives: 2018 NHL Draft
Checking In With Old Friends: Philipp Grubauer Is Taking the Colorado Avalanche to the Second Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs
Former Washington Capitals netminder Philipp Grubauer is taking the Colorado Avalanche further into the postseason. Continue reading
Photo: Sport Aktuality.sk The Washington Capitals announced Sunday morning that they have signed defenseman Martin Fehervary to a three-year entry-level contract with an annual average value of $925,000.
The Washington Capitals selected defenseman Martin Fehervary from IK Oskarshamn of Allsvenskan with the 46th overall pick and right wing Kody Clark from the Ottawa 67’s of the Ontario Hockey League from the 47th overall pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.
Photo: @Capitals With their 31st pick they selected left-handed defensemen Alexander Alexeyev. There will be an in-depth look at him (and the other picks) in subsequent posts. In the meantime, there’s still rounds two through seven to go.
Photo: Capitals Twitter The Washington Capitals selected defenseman St. Petersburg native Alexandar Alexeyev from the Red Deer Rebels of the WHL with their first-round pick in 2018. The Capitals selected 31st overall after winning the Stanley Cup two weeks ago.
Photo: Zimbio The Washington Capitals acquired the 47th overall pick in the second round from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Brooks Orpik and goaltender Philipp Grubauer, the team announced roughly half an hour before the NHL Draft in … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals draft strategy has always been draft the best available player and that strategy has treated them pretty well over the years. But sometimes it’s hard to ignore the needs of the team. Looking through the prospect pool … Continue reading
Who are some of the big names that will be selected during the 2018 NHL Draft? Continue reading
Photo:CHL/Fansided It’s challenging for Championship teams, or even teams that consistently make the playoffs, to remain competitive because of where they pick at the end of round 1. The Washington Capitals have done a fantastic job at finding top talent … Continue reading
The 2018 NHL Entry Draft is set for next Friday and Saturday (June 22nd and 23rd) at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Round 1 will be held Friday night with rounds 2-7 taking place Saturday morning and Saturday … Continue reading