Search NoVa Caps Site
- Henrik Lundqvist Announces That His Goal Is To Join Capitals For End Of Season
- Capitals Trade Jonas Siegenthaler To Devils For Coyotes’ 2021 Third-Round Pick
- The Road Is Calling, Today Is The Day: Capitals Visit Bruins For 6th Game Of Season Series Sunday Night In Beantown
- A Look At The Capitals’ Struggles Over The Last Eight Games
- Hershey Bears Game At Lehigh Valley Postponed Due To COVID-19 Protocols
- Capitals’ Jakub Vrana Scores 11th Goal of the Season; Ends 13-Game Scoring Drought
- Make It Three! Justin Schultz Records First Three-Point Game In Three Years, Records Goal And Two Assists Against the Buffalo Sabres
- Capitals Beat Buffalo, 4-3; Justin Schultz Tallies Three Points
- Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Scores Career Goal No. 727; Five Goals Shy Of Passing Marcel Dionne For The Fifth-Most All-Time
- Wingers And Goaltenders Available At Trade Deadline That Could Fit With The Capitals
Tag Archives: 2017 NHL Expansion Daft
Photo: LVRJ With the Vegas Golden Knights in the midst of their third season as a franchise, NoVa Caps looks back at the Washington Capitals‘ protection list for the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft to see whether they might change anything … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images As most of you probably know, the newly anointed Knights of Vegas are amongst the best teams in the NHL so far this season, switching best-record honors with Tampa Bay this past week. In addition, as of … Continue reading
Nick Wass/Associated Press When the offseason started, the Capitals knew they would be losing some valuable members of their formidable group of defensemen, but in a span of two weeks, the Capitals lost Nate Schmidt, Karl Alzner, and Kevin Shattenkirk to the Expansion … Continue reading
Tyler Graovac, 24, was selected by the Minnesota Wild in the 7th round (191st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Graovac registered 7 goals and 2 assists in 57 career NHL games, all during the 2016-2017 season with the Wild.
Photos: Washington Capitals It’s happened. Every Capitals fan was hoping it wouldn’t, but it has. Defenseman Nate Schmidt is headed for the desert after being selected by the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2017 Expansion Draft. It will be a pretty big blow to … Continue reading
Nate Schmidt took to social media Wednesday night to extend his heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for the Capitals organization, his Capitals teammates, and Caps Nation.
Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images The Vegas Golden Knights, officially, have a roster. In the words of Vegas General Manager George McPhee, “We’re real”. There was a mixture of surprising and unsurprising choices with a good amount of jaw dropping … Continue reading
Photo: Monumental Sports The Washington Capitals Senior Vice President and General Manager Brian MacLellan issued the following statement today on Nate Schmidt, who was selected by the Las Vegas Golden Knights in the NHL Expansion Draft.
For the past four seasons, defenseman Nate Schmidt has been a fan favorite in Washington, always greeting everyone with a smile and always willing to take a photo after practice. But for me, he is THE favorite. And after hearing … Continue reading
Just under an hour after it was revealed that Vegas didn’t select Philipp Grubauer, news broke that it was indeed Nate Schmidt as the Capitals player heading to Vegas to join the roster of the NHL’s newest franchise.