Search NoVa Caps Site
- San Jose at Washington Preview: Capitals Go Swimming With The Sharks on Tuesday Night, Look To End Season-Long Losing Streak
- With Five Straight Losses, the Capitals Must Make Some Minor Tweaks In Their Overall Game to Get Back on Track
- Hershey Bears Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers 4-1 – Win Fifth Straight Game; Ilya Samsonov Turns-In Another Strong Effort in Goal
- Brooks Orpik Takes Maintenance Day, Capitals Keep Same Lineup From 8-5 Loss To Blackhawks and Hold Meeting Prior To Practice
- George (Red) Sullivan, Capitals Second Head Coach, Passes Away
- Capitals to Host Blood Drive Jan. 26 at MedStar Capitals Iceplex – Donors to Receive Alex Ovechkin Bobbleheads
- Capitals’ Rut Requires Some Tough Lineup Decisions From Todd Reirden
- Capitals Hold “Players Only” Meeting After Fifth Consecutive Loss
- Capitals at Blackhawks – Inside The Numbers: Another One Bites The Dust
- Blackhawks Hold Off Capitals To Win 8-5; Four Defensemen Score For Washington
Tag Archives: 2017 NHL Draft
Photo: The Hockey Writers The Washington Capitals signed defenseman Tobias Geisser to a three-year entry-level contract on Thursday. His contract kicks in at the start of next season. His cap hit will be $867K.
As per an RTS Sport, Washington Capitals prospect Damien Riat has signed a new contract that will keep him in Europe for at least the next two years. Riat will leave Geneva-Servette at the end of the season.
A Look Inside the Metropolitan Division: Who Are the Emerging Young Stars Poised to Break Out in 2017-18?
Which young Metropolitan Division players are going to emerge in 2017-18? Continue reading
Nick Wass/Associated Press When the offseason started, the Capitals knew they would be losing some valuable members of their formidable group of defensemen, but in a span of two weeks, the Capitals lost Nate Schmidt, Karl Alzner, and Kevin Shattenkirk to the Expansion … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Capitals selected three defenders and one left winger at the 2017 NHL Draft in Chicago. Starting with the fourth round, the Capitals had one pick in the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh rounds. Tobias Geisser was the … Continue reading
Photo: Felix Klaus/EV Zug After not having a single pick in the first three rounds, the Capitals were finally on the clock early Saturday afternoon with the 120th pick. With that pick, they selected Tobias Geisser, a young defenseman from … Continue reading
Photos: NHL Today marks the day when Rounds 2-7 of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft begin. The Capitals do not hold a draft selection until Round 4. In total they have a single pick in each of the 4th (120th … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Times Fresh off signing right wing T.J. Oshie to an eight-year contract, Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan was right back to the drawing board with the 2017 NHL Entry Draft getting underway tonight in Chicago. Aside from the … Continue reading
Photos: @Anthem_Singer Another day, another draft. This week has been nuts. But have no fear, this time the Capitals will be adding players to the organization. Here are the basics for this weekends 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Photo: NHL The 2017 NHL scouting combine wrapped up its last day of activities on Saturday with the traditional strength and conditioning drills.