Search NoVa Caps Site
- John Carlson’s Performance in 2021: Elite Offensive Production, Question Mark Defensively
- Martin Fehervary: “I Still Believe That My Future Is Connected To The Washington Capitals”
- Scoring GM Brian MacLellan’s Moves Since The Capitals Won The Stanley Cup In 2018
- Report: Rangers Reach Agreement To Hire Gerard Gallant As Head Coach
- Class of 2021: Captain Graduates From America’s VetDogs
- The 2020-21 Playoff Teams – In Progress Observations
- Milestone Moments: Washington Capitals Career Milestones Reached in 2020-21
- Axel Jonsson-Fjallby: “Last Season Was My Best So Far”
- Anthony Mantha: “I’m A Little Disappointed In Myself, The Way I Played”
- Blue Jackets Promote Brad Larsen To Head Coach
Tag Archives: 2017 NHL Draft
Photo: The Hockey Writers The Washington Capitals signed defenseman Tobias Geisser to a three-year entry-level contract on Thursday. His contract kicks in at the start of next season. His cap hit will be $774,000 AAV.
As per an RTS Sport, Washington Capitals prospect Damien Riat has signed a new contract that will keep him in Europe for at least the next two years. Riat will leave Geneva-Servette at the end of the season.
A Look Inside the Metropolitan Division: Who Are the Emerging Young Stars Poised to Break Out in 2017-18?
Which young Metropolitan Division players are going to emerge in 2017-18? Continue reading
Nick Wass/Associated Press When the offseason started, the Capitals knew they would be losing some valuable members of their formidable group of defensemen, but in a span of two weeks, the Capitals lost Nate Schmidt, Karl Alzner, and Kevin Shattenkirk to the Expansion … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Capitals selected three defenders and one left winger at the 2017 NHL Draft in Chicago. Starting with the fourth round, the Capitals had one pick in the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh rounds. Tobias Geisser was the … Continue reading
Photo: Felix Klaus/EV Zug After not having a single pick in the first three rounds, the Capitals were finally on the clock early Saturday afternoon with the 120th pick. With that pick, they selected Tobias Geisser, a young defenseman from … Continue reading
Photos: NHL Today marks the day when Rounds 2-7 of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft begin. The Capitals do not hold a draft selection until Round 4. In total they have a single pick in each of the 4th (120th … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Times Fresh off signing right wing T.J. Oshie to an eight-year contract, Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan was right back to the drawing board with the 2017 NHL Entry Draft getting underway tonight in Chicago. Aside from the … Continue reading
Photos: @Anthem_Singer Another day, another draft. This week has been nuts. But have no fear, this time the Capitals will be adding players to the organization. Here are the basics for this weekends 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Photo: NHL The 2017 NHL scouting combine wrapped up its last day of activities on Saturday with the traditional strength and conditioning drills.