Search NoVa Caps Site
- A Retrospective On The Last Decade of Draft Picks by the Washington Capitals
- On the Clock at 25: Who Could the Capitals Pick With This Selection at the 2019 NHL Draft?
- Report: Capitals Are “In Total ‘Go For It’ Mode”
- Thank You Nisky!: A Tribute to Matt Niskanen
- A Deeper Dive Into The Capitals’ Latest Acquisition, Radko Gudas
- Capitals Acquire Radko Gudas From Flyers In Exchange For Matt Niskanen
- Capitals Announce Fan Activities During Development Camp
- Blues Beat Bruins, 4-1, In Game 7 To Win Stanley Cup For First Time In Franchise History
- NHL And NHLPA Recommend New Rules After Competition Committee Meeting On Tuesday
- Donate Blood On Saturday, July 27 And Get Free Capitals T-Shirt, Nick Jensen Bobblehead
Tag Archives: 2017 IIHF World Championship
Photo: Arbetarbladet Washington Capitals’ center Nicklas Backstrom has donated his entire bonus check that he received from Team Sweden for winning the goal medal in this year’s World Championship. He donated the money to his former youth hockey organization, the Valbo Hockey … Continue reading
The Swedish blog Inside Tre Kronor posted some exclusive images of Team Sweden celebrating winning the gold medal after their impressive shootout win over Team Canada on Sunday.
Nicklas Backstrom scored what would ultimately be the game-winning goal in the shootout round to lead Team Sweden to a 2-1 win over Team Canada in the IIHF World Championship in Cologne, Germany. Canada won the gold medal the last … Continue reading
Photos: Jimmy Wixtrom/SportBladet One of the best stories coming from this year’s IIHF World Championship is the blossoming relationship between Capitals’ star centerman Nicklas Backstrom and the Toronto Maple Leafs’ young forward William Nylander. The two have led Team Sweden to the … Continue reading
Photo: RHF Two Capitals players killed it today in the IIHF Worlds for team Russia as the Red Machine shutout the Czech Republic 3-0 at the AccorHotels Arena in Paris, France.
Nicklas Backstrom (Team Sweden), Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov (Team Russia) traveled from Cologne, Germany to Paris, France on Wednesday via high-speed train. The two teams have advanced to the semi-finals of the 2017 IIHF Championships.
Photo: @russiahockey_en The Russian national team had their team photo taken today for the IIHF World Championships. Dmitry Orlov and Evgeny Kuznetsov were on hand with their teammates and spoke with the media following the photo session.
Photo: @HenryDrage After flying in this morning, Nicklas Backstrom and his fellow Swedes took on Denmark in the preliminary round of the IIHF World Championships over in Cologne, Germany. Backstrom was a big contributor in Sweden’s 4-2 win.
Photos: Jimmy Wixtrom/Sportbladet Capitals’ centerman Nicklas Backstrom arrived in Germany Sunday morning. He is set to join Team Sweden for the World Championship.