Search NoVa Caps Site
- Alex Ovechkin Supports Sports Charity Auction in Moscow
- Capitals Prospect Alex Alexeyev Scores First KHL Point
- Why The Capitals Will Need To Acquire A Veteran Backup Goaltender For The 2020-21 Season
- Report: Alex Ovechkin Is Joining Nicklas Backstrom In Negotiating His New Contract By Himself, With No Representation
- With The Capitals Needing To Shed Salary, Could Pheonix Copley Be Moved?
- Aliaksei Protas Scores Third Goal Of The KHL Season
- Hershey Bears Announce The Re-signing Of Kale Kessy
- NHL Releases Offseason Training Protocols; Training Facilities Allowed To Open For Voluntary Workouts on October 15
- Martin Fehervary Will Not Play At Home In Slovakia During Break Between NHL Seasons
- Sergei Gonchar: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
Tag Archives: 2017 Free Agency
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images With little salary cap space to work with heading into the summer, the Capitals were forced to say goodbye to top-six wingers Justin Williams and Marcus Johansson, as well as bottom-six forward Daniel Winnik via free … Continue reading
This summer has been tough for the Capitals and Caps Nation. As General Manager Brian MacLellan put it, the Caps have the Stanley Cup hangover without the Stanley Cup.
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images When the Capitals signed right wing Devante Smith-Pelly in free agency a few weeks ago they did so, not expecting him to replace departing Top 6 right wing Justin Williams but, as a player that could help … Continue reading
Since the end of the season, the position that has been weakened the most on the Capitals has undoubtedly been the defense. Losing Schmidt, Alzner and Shattenkirk looks really bad on paper and raises quite a few questions: “Who is … Continue reading
Photos: TSN The offseason has been a busy one so far. A lot of teams have gotten better through free agency, the draft, and trades with other teams. It’s hard to name just one team because a lot of teams … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Capitals In the weeks since before the NHL Expansion Draft, the Capitals have undergone some significant changes, from losing promising young defenseman Nate Schmidt in the draft to trading longtime forward Marcus Johansson. General Manager Brian MacLellan has … Continue reading
While the Moves Made (So far) This Summer May Say Otherwise, Caps Fans Need to Trust Brian MacLellan
Toni L. Sandys/The Washington Post After another disappointing end to their season, the Capitals’ offseason got off to a promising and nice start with the re-signing of right wing T.J. Oshie to an eight-year contract. After losing defensemen Nate Schmidt … Continue reading
Photo: NHL The Capitals made it clear that their main focus this offseason would be to lock up their restricted free agents to new contracts and they made it a priority to re-sign right wing T.J. Oshie. One of those … Continue reading
The Capitals have made some big headlines in the last week and a half. One, if not the biggest, surprise was Evgeny Kuznetsov’s monster contract. The 25-year old Russian signed an 8-year contract that will pay him $62.4 million ($7.8 … Continue reading
Andre Burakovsky was interviewed by Andreas Kack of the Swedish news outlet Aftonbladet, just hours after signing his new two-year deal with the Washington Capitals. Here is a translation of a portion of the interview.