Search NoVa Caps Site
- Update: Dasher Boards, Benches, and Fencing Installed In Capitals’ Legacy Project Rink in Fredericskburg, Virginia
- Alex Ovechkin Participates In Opening of New Branch of Avangard Hockey Academy
- Tom Wilson Will Look To Pick-Up Where He Left Off
- Capitals’ Christian Djoos And Nicklas Backstrom Participate In Annual Brynäs Black White Game
- Palm Springs Firebirds To Be Seattle NHL Franchise’s AHL Affiliate
- The Biggest Question Facing Each NHL Team This Season
- NHLPA Will Host 11th Annual Rookie Showcase At MedStar Capitals Iceplex on August 25
- Ovi-shop: NHL Asks Fans to “Send” Alex Ovechkin Anywhere in the World After The Great Eight’s Trip to China
- Nicklas Backstrom Scheduled To Participate In NHL’s European Media Tour
- All 43 Players On Sweden’s Women’s National Hockey Team Announce Boycott
Tag Archives: 2016 World Cup of Hockey
Dmitry Orlov has been through bumps and bruises but is developing into No. 1 defenseman for the Capitals
In his 6-year career in Washington, Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov has had ups and downs. He progressed from a player who makes very noticeable mistakes on the ice to one of the most important pieces on the Capitals roster. With the … Continue reading
Are bye weeks a good thing for the NHL players? Continue reading
Santa was extra good to me this Christmas. In addition to getting tickets to the Caps game this Thursday, I also got NHL 17 for the Xbox One. This years edition of the EA Sports franchise features St. Louis Blues star … Continue reading
Weekly Column: What’s the Fouss? The World Cup of Hockey Is Cool, But Could Be Better Continue reading
U.S. television ratings for the World Cup of Hockey are out, and as expected, the ratings are wide-ranging, with mixed results for Team USA.
Photo: NHL For a period and a half it was business as usual, as Team Canada seemed to be methodically marching their way to the championship round with a win over Team Russia. But then Team Russia woke up.
The Weekly Rant: The Demise of Team USA at the World Cup of Hockey Tournament. What went wrong? How can Team USA improve for the future? Continue reading
The Capitals Alex Ovechkin set up Team Russia’s first goal against Team Finland on Friday. The assist was generated on the heels of a beautiful curl-and-drag move, followed by a slick crossing pass to Valdimir Tarasenko, who simply tapped in … Continue reading
One of the better production features of the World Cup of Hockey has been the use of “Ref Cam,” a camera mounted to the referee’s helmet that continuously records and relays video from the referees point of view. The video has … Continue reading
Photo: NHL Team Russia took on the young superstars of Team North America tonight in the second Preliminary game for both teams.