Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Arenas to Show Support For Healthcare Workers Tonight at 8PM
- Northern California Official Doesn’t Expect “Any Sports Games Until at Least Thanksgiving”
- Grading the Capitals’ Forwards for the 2019-2020 Season (So Far)
- Capitals’ Nick Jensen: “When You End The Season Short Like That, It’s Just Kind Of All For Nothing.”
- Final Pre-Draft Prospect Rankings From NHL Central Scouting
- Capitals’ John Carlson If or When the NHL Resumes Play: “It Will Definitely Feel Like A New Season, Almost”
- Florence Schelling Named General Manager of SC Bern
- Nic and Paige Dowd Announce Dowd’s Crowd Logo Design Contest in Honor of Autism Awareness Month
- Aliaksei Protas Named to WHL Eastern Conference First All-Star Team
- Commissioner Bettman Says NHL Still a Few Weeks Away From Deciding on Season
Tag Archives: 2016 World Cup of Hockey
Over the last couple of weeks, the collective bargaining agreement talks have heated up between the league owners and Players’ Association. The current CBA was signed back in January 2013 and is set to expire on September 15, 2022.
Dmitry Orlov has been through bumps and bruises but is developing into No. 1 defenseman for the Capitals
In his 6-year career in Washington, Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov has had ups and downs. He progressed from a player who makes very noticeable mistakes on the ice to one of the most important pieces on the Capitals roster. With the … Continue reading
Are bye weeks a good thing for the NHL players? Continue reading
Santa was extra good to me this Christmas. In addition to getting tickets to the Caps game this Thursday, I also got NHL 17 for the Xbox One. This years edition of the EA Sports franchise features St. Louis Blues star … Continue reading
Weekly Column: What’s the Fouss? The World Cup of Hockey Is Cool, But Could Be Better Continue reading
U.S. television ratings for the World Cup of Hockey are out, and as expected, the ratings are wide-ranging, with mixed results for Team USA.
Photo: NHL For a period and a half it was business as usual, as Team Canada seemed to be methodically marching their way to the championship round with a win over Team Russia. But then Team Russia woke up.
The Weekly Rant: The Demise of Team USA at the World Cup of Hockey Tournament. What went wrong? How can Team USA improve for the future? Continue reading
The Capitals Alex Ovechkin set up Team Russia’s first goal against Team Finland on Friday. The assist was generated on the heels of a beautiful curl-and-drag move, followed by a slick crossing pass to Valdimir Tarasenko, who simply tapped in … Continue reading
One of the better production features of the World Cup of Hockey has been the use of “Ref Cam,” a camera mounted to the referee’s helmet that continuously records and relays video from the referees point of view. The video has … Continue reading