Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Re-sign Michael Sgarbossa To Two-Year Deal
- Capitals Re-sign Garrett Pilon To Two-Year Contract
- Capitals Extend Defenseman Bobby Nardella
- Linemate for Life: Captain Matched With Retired U.S. Marine Corps Master Sgt. Mark Gwathmey
- John Carlson’s Performance in 2021: Elite Offensive Production, Question Mark Defensively
- Martin Fehervary: “I Still Believe That My Future Is Connected To The Washington Capitals”
- Scoring GM Brian MacLellan’s Moves Since The Capitals Won The Stanley Cup In 2018
- Report: Rangers Reach Agreement To Hire Gerard Gallant As Head Coach
- Class of 2021: Captain Graduates From America’s VetDogs
- The 2020-21 Playoff Teams – In Progress Observations
Tag Archives: 2016 NHL Playoffs
Tony Quinn/Iconsportswire.com The Washington Capitals held a press conference call this afternoon with Cap’s Head Coach Barry Trotz. Barry fielded questions from the press, and it reminded me of this Sports Net video.
The Capitals returned to “old school” tactics to jump back in the series on Saturday night.
Patrick Smith/Getty Images The Washington Capitals climbed back into the Eastern Conference Semifinals series with a 3-1 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday night at Verizon Center, forcing a game 6 in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night. The Penguins lead … Continue reading
Braden Holtby made a flurry of saves late in the second period that held the Caps 3-1 lead. The saves were eye-popping gems, but just another day at the office for the Beast.
The Caps wrapped up preparations for Game 5 against the Penguins this morning at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. Puck-drop for Game 5 is tonight at 7:15 PM.
Alex Brandon/Associated Press After a heartbreaking 3-2 overtime loss on Wednesday night, Capitals head coach Barry Trotz knew he had to do something to get some offense from his team, particularly their sputtering power play, which has gone just 1-for-12 … Continue reading
It’s been a dark and dreary day in the DMV, a somber kind of a day that matches most of our moods. It certainly feels as though we lost the series last night, when Hornqvist scored the winning goal for … Continue reading
Photo: USA Today “You just gotta to ignite the light, and let it shine. Just own the night, like the 4th of July. ‘Cause Baby you’re a Firework, come’on show’em what you’re worth.” –Katy Perry, “Firework”
How did the Washington Capitals perform against the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 4? Let’s hand out some letter grades. Continue reading
Justin K. Aller/Getty Images The Capitals fell to the Penguins 3-2 in overtime on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh, giving the Penguins a 3-1 series lead. The Caps are now faced with winning three straight games to extend their season. Game … Continue reading