Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Category Archives: Salary Cap
As a result of the loss of revenue due to COVID-19, the NHL salary cap will remain flat at $81.5 million for the next three seasons, which is obviously a bad break for teams such as the Washington Capitals who … Continue reading
After the Washington Capitals re-signed defenseman Brenden Dillon to a four-year contract before he could have hit the unrestricted free agent market, the team has four left-handed defensemen on one-way contracts: Dillon, Dmitry Orlov, Jonas Siegenthaler, and Michal Kempny. In … Continue reading
Photo: The Rat Trick When the NHL Trade Deadline comes around every year, Washington Capitals GM Brian MacLellan always ties to be active to put his team over the top as he has made at least two moves in each … Continue reading
Photo by Fred Kfoury III/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images It has been an unusual offseason in the NHL to say the least, with a delay in both the draft and free agency and a flat salary cap. So, which teams … Continue reading
After signing three right-handed defensemen in Justin Schultz, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, and Paul LaDue in free agency, the Washington Capitals are currently more than $1 million over the NHL salary cap. The only solution: someone appears to be heading out the … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images As the NHL expansion draft for the Seattle Kraken is around a year away, what could their inaugural season roster look like? NoVa Caps does its annual mock expansion draft for the NHL’s 32nd franchise. … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday night that they have re-signed defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year contract worth $800,000 contract. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: Couch Guy Sports As a result of the revenue impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL salary cap will remain flat for the next three years. The unexpected cap constraint has impacted how companies have managed free agency. NoVa … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Saturday afternoon that they have signed defenseman Cody Ceci to a one-year, $1.25 million contract. Ceci became an unrestricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: WaPo The flat salary cap is going to make it a struggle for lots of teams to be active and make necessary changes over the next three years, and the Washington Capitals are no different. They enter the offseason … Continue reading