Search NoVa Caps Site
- Kunlun Red Star (KHL) Signs Dávid Bondra To Professional Tryout Contract
- Capitals Get Bigger, Grittier With Offseason Additions
- St. Louis Blues’ Championship Run Foreshadowed by Past Runs of their Predecessors in Washington
- Bears Sign Tariq Hammond To One-Year AHL Contract
- Report: Ron Francis To Be Named Seattle’s First GM In Franchise History Later This Week
- What’s Next for the Capitals in Free Agency?
- Martin Fehérváry: “My Childhood Dream Would Come True” [Translated Interview]
- Capitals Re-sign Jakub Vrana To Two-Year, $6.7 Million Contract
- Eastern Conference Supremacy: Which Teams Will Challenge the Capitals the Most in 2019-20?
- Former Capital Andre Burakovsky Signs One-Year, $3.25 Million Contract With Avalanche
Category Archives: Roster Moves
Photo: Sportsnet The Washington Capitals announced on Thursday afternoon that they have signed forward Brett Leason, their second-round pick (56th overall) in the 2019 NHL Draft, to a three-year entry-level contract that carries a cap hit of $750,000.
Photo: NHL.com There has been a lot of big names on the move from around the NHL since the 2018-19 season ended. While some teams have taken major steps into Stanley Cup contention, others have taken a step back. NoVa Caps … Continue reading
Photo: CHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday morning that they have signed center Aliaksei Protas to a three-year entry-level contract, which carries a cap hit of $716,666. The Capitals selected Protas, 18, in the third-round (91st overall) of the … Continue reading
NHL Sets Dates For Arbitration Hearings; Capitals’ Christian Djoos, Chandler Stephenson’s To Take Place On July 22, August 1, Respectively
Photo: NHL Via Getty Images The NHL released dates for salary arbitration hearings on Tuesday afternoon. Washington Capitals’ restricted free agents, defenseman Christian Djoos and forward Chandler Stephenson, will have their cases heard in front of a neutral arbitrator in … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals bottom-six forward rotation should be improved compared to a season ago. Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The 2019 NHL Trade Deadline saw some big names switch places as contenders loaded up for Stanley Cup runs. While some moves paid big dividends, others turned out to be a bust. NoVa Caps reviews … Continue reading
Photo: Jewels From The Crown After a one-goal performance from the Washington Capitals‘ fourth-line in the team’s seven-game series loss in the first round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs, change to the trio was inevitable. After locking up forwards … Continue reading
Capitals’ Chandler Stephenson, Christian Djoos Are Two Of 40 Restricted Free Agents To File For Salary Arbitration
Photo: Zimbio According to The Athletic’s Tarik El-Bashir, Washington Capitals forward Chandler Stephenson and defenseman Christian Djoos, both restricted free agents, filed for salary arbitration before Friday at 5 PM ET, the deadline to file. The dates of each hearing … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com After the Washington Capitals‘ fourth-line combined for just one goal (which came on a penalty shot) in the team’s seven-game first-round exit of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs, it was clear that changes were in the offing. General … Continue reading
Photo: Yardbarker After trading forward Andre Burakovsky to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for second and third-round picks in the 2020 NHL Draft, the Washington Capitals signed forward Richard Panik to a four-year contract with a cap hit of $2.75 million. … Continue reading