Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Re-sign Jakub Vrana To Two-Year, $6.7 Million Contract
- Eastern Conference Supremacy: Which Teams Will Challenge the Capitals the Most in 2019-20?
- Former Capital Andre Burakovsky Signs One-Year, $3.25 Million Contract With Avalanche
- Washington Capitals Uniform Numbers From Today and Yesterday- Multiples Of 7
- Offseason Changes Will Impact Capitals’ Special Teams This Season
- For Capitals Prospect Sebastian Walfridsson, A Change Of Scenery And A New Start
- Capitals Re-sign Colby Williams To One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- For Capitals’ Prospect Ilya Samsonov, “The Future Is Now”
- 2019-20 NHL Offseason Power Rankings
- Capitals Sign 2019 First-Round Pick, Connor McMichael To Three-Year Entry-Level Deal
Category Archives: Roster Moves
Photo: NBCSW The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday afternoon that they have re-signed forward Jakub Vrana to a two-year contract that carries a cap hit of $3.35 million per season. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on July 1.
Photo: 106.7 The Fan The Colorado Avalanche announced on Monday that they have signed Andre Burakovsky to a one-year contract worth $3.25 million. Burakovsky was a restricted free agent. The Avalanche acquired the 23-year old from the Washington Capitals in … Continue reading
Photo: Tori Hartman The Washington Capitals announced on Saturday afternoon that they have re-signed defenseman Colby Williams to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal carries a cap hit of $700,000 at the NHL level and $90,000 at the AHL level. … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images After a flurry of trades and free agent signings, a lot of teams improved their rosters going into next season, while others dropped in the 2019 NHL offseason power rankings. While some attractive free agents remain … Continue reading
Photo: Jewels From The Crown The Washington Capitals announced on Friday afternoon that they have signed center Connor McMichael, the team’s first-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft, to a three-year entry-level contract. The team selected the 18-year old with … Continue reading
Photo: Howlin’ Hockey After forward Michael Ferland left Raleigh to sign a four-year contract, $14 million contract ($3.5 million AAV) with the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday, the Carolina Hurricanes announced on Friday morning that they have signed center Ryan Dzingel to … Continue reading
Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire, Via Associated Press With the loss of veteran defenseman Aaron Ness in free agency and the pending departure of Ryan Sproul, Tyler Lewington was left as the lone veteran presence on the Hershey Bears’ blueline. The Hershey … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet The Washington Capitals announced on Thursday afternoon that they have signed forward Brett Leason, their second-round pick (56th overall) in the 2019 NHL Draft, to a three-year entry-level contract that carries a cap hit of $750,000.
Photo: NHL.com There has been a lot of big names on the move from around the NHL since the 2018-19 season ended. While some teams have taken major steps into Stanley Cup contention, others have taken a step back. NoVa Caps … Continue reading
Photo: CHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday morning that they have signed center Aliaksei Protas to a three-year entry-level contract, which carries a cap hit of $716,666. The Capitals selected Protas, 18, in the third-round (91st overall) of the … Continue reading