Search NoVa Caps Site
- Former Capitals Defenseman Karl Alzner Intends on Playing In the NHL This Season, Says He’ll Demand A Move if Placed in the AHL
- Evgeny Kuznetsov, Capitals Release Statements on Suspension by International Ice Hockey Federation
- Capitals’ Michal Kempny Takes The Ice For The First Time Since Hamstring Surgery
- IIHF Suspends Evgeny Kuznetsov For Four Years
- Capitals’ 2019 Offseason Timeline
- NHL Is Pushing For Betting Kiosks In NHL Arenas Sometime This Season
- Capitals Announce 2019 Prospect Tournament Schedule, Training Camp Details
- Penguins’ Assistant GM Bill Guerin Named Wild GM
- Capitals GM Brian MacLellan on Michal Kempny: “Everything Is Positive For Him To Start Camp”
- Braden Holtby, Jonas Siegenthaler, Michal Kempny Join Capitals’ Informal Practice On Wednesday
Category Archives: Hershey Bears
Photo: Eyes On Isles The AHL’s Hershey Bears announced on Wednesday that they have signed forward Matt Moulson to a one-year AHL contract.
Photo: SB Nation College Hockey Earlier this afternoon, the Hershey Bears announced the signing of 25-year-old defenseman Tariq Hammond. Hammond most recently played for the Binghamton Devils.
Photo: Tori Hartman The Washington Capitals announced on Saturday afternoon that they have re-signed defenseman Colby Williams to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal carries a cap hit of $700,000 at the NHL level and $90,000 at the AHL level. … Continue reading
Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire, Via Associated Press With the loss of veteran defenseman Aaron Ness in free agency and the pending departure of Ryan Sproul, Tyler Lewington was left as the lone veteran presence on the Hershey Bears’ blueline. The Hershey … Continue reading
Photo: LA Kings Insider The Washington Capitals announced on Monday that they have signed AHL forward Philippe Maillet to a two-year, two-way contract. The contract carries a cap hit of $700,000 at the NHL level. Maillet, 26, became an unrestricted … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals concluded their 2019 Devolpment Camp with a scrimmage, which the red-sweatered team beat the white-sweatered one in a shootout by a score of 3-2. Center Connor McMichael, the team’s first-round pick in the 2019 NHL … Continue reading
Training camp is still a few months away, but the Hershey Bears already have a battle for ice time brewing on defense. The Bears have eight defensemen under contract who figure to start the season in the minors and that … Continue reading
Draft Class Grades (Updated): Grading the Capitals’ Draft Picks in the Last 10 Years — Pre-2019 NHL Entry Draft Edition
Photo: Richard Wolowics/Getty Images North America Back in February, inspired by the “10-Year Challenge” that was popular on social media at the time, NoVa Caps assessed the draft picks of the Capitals for the last 10 years; i.e. from 2008 … Continue reading
The following represents NoVa Caps’ top 20 ranking of Washington Capitals prospects heading into this year’s draft and development camp at the end of June. We prepared this ranking annually to establish an analytical baseline for future follow-up analysis and … Continue reading
Photo: Tori Hartman The Hershey Bears announced on Friday that the club has signed forward Chris McCarthy to a one-year, American Hockey League contract for the 2019-20 season.