Search NoVa Caps Site
- Crossed Hockey Lines, Crossed State Lines, Brought Together Skills, & Helped Each Other Out: How Two Nurses Sewed Over 30 Capitals Masks For D.C. First Responders
- Alex Kannok-Leipert: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- LeBrun: Nothing Likely to Change For NHL Following Call with President Trump
- California’s Governor Newsom Doesn’t Agree With President Trump’s Anticipated Timeline for Return of Sports
- The Hope to Have Fans Back in Arenas and Stadiums by August or September: News from President Trump’s Call with Major-League Sports Commissioners
- Connor McMichael: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Climactic Clinching at Home – Retro Recap: Washington Capitals vs Florida Panthers – April 5, 2008
- Some NHL Players Are Considering Foregoing Their Final Check of the Season, Which Comes April 15
- Benton Maass: Annual Review and Forecast -2019-2020 Season
- Islanders President Lou Lamoriello ‘Extremely Optimistic’ 2019-2020 NHL Season Will Resume
Category Archives: Games
Capitals’ John Carlson: “I Don’t Believe We Ever Hit A Panic Button. But, At The Same Time, We Weren’t Happy With The Way We Were Playing.”
Photo: Yardbarker Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson shared some thoughts about his historic season and his team’s struggles since just before Christmas before the NHL Pause with Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman in his latest “31 Thoughts” column.
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL GMs did not discuss resuming the 2019-20 season on their call with the league on Tuesday, according to TSN, but the league requested some home dates in August from every team.
Photo: Hockey Addicted The NHL told all 31 general managers on a conference call on Tuesday that the self-quarantine period will be extended by 10 days from March 27, the original date. Some players are quarantining at home while others … Continue reading
Photo: Jamie Sabau/Getty Images The NHL owners and governors met on a conference call to discuss the rest of the season as the 2019-20 campaign has now been on pause for 11 days due to the coronavirus. TSN Insider Darren … Continue reading
Photo: The Manitoban The CHL became the latest junior league to cancel the playoffs and Memorial Cup due to the coronavirus, the league announced on Sunday.
Photo: Extratime Media An IOC member told USA Today that the 2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo will most likely be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic to 2021. The details will be worked out over the next month.
Photo: NHL.com In the midst of the NHL’s pause due to the coronavirus pandemic, Washington Capitals forward Jakub Vrana sent a message to the team’s season ticket holders which was released by the Capitals membership services on Monday afternoon.
See-Saw Fight in Landover – Retro Recap: Washington Capitals vs Philadelphia Flyers – March 23, 1986
Steve Babineau/Getty Images During the 1985-86 season, the rivalry between the Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers was very strong. In late March of 1986, the Flyers were in first place in the Patrick Division with a record of 48-21-4 and … Continue reading
The International Olympic Committee announced on Sunday that they will wait four weeks before deciding whether the 2020 Summer Olympic games will happen in Tokyo, Japan. The games are slated to start on July 23 and run through August 9.
Photo: Senators website The Ottawa Senators announced that another one of their players have tested positive for the coronavirus after they became the first time to announce a positive test from a player on Wednesday. The player did travel on … Continue reading