Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Prospect Tobias Geisser And EV Zug Win Swiss National League Championship
- New Face on the Stage: Inside Garrett Pilon’s NHL Debut Against the Philadelphia Flyers
- Capitals Rally To Beat Flyers, 2-1 (OT)
- Capitals’ Michal Kempny Leaves Bears Game Due To “Weird” Injury During Conditioning Stint
- Pheonix Copley Blanks Phantoms, 3-0, Records 100th Career AHL Victory
- Capitals Re-Call Garrett Pilon From Taxi Squad To Active Roster
- Craig Anderson Will Start For Capitals vs. Flyers; Alex Ovechkin Still Out
- NHL Easing COVID-19 Protocols For Vaccinated Teams During Playoffs
- Capitals Fall To Flyers, 4-2; Daniel Sprong Scores Sixth Goal In As Many Games
- Connor McMichael Scores Game-Winning Goal In Bears 2-1 Win Over Devils
Category Archives: Draft
NHL It is always a momentous occasion when a player gets drafted into the NHL, and event marked every year with coverage of the NHL Entry Draft, which includes the expected anticipation of which player will be drafted first overall. … Continue reading
Photo: The Arizona Republic The Arizona Coyotes announced on Thursday afternoon that they have renounced the rights of their fourth-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, forward Mitchell Miller, after it leaked that he bullied a black, mentally disabled teen … Continue reading
Larry Brunt/Spokane Chiefs On the second day of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals selected Cassius “Bear” Hughes with the 148h pick overall. Hughes, who is 6’1”, 165 pounds, was born in Post Falls, Idaho on May 30, 2001.
Photo: Sydsvenskan The Washington Capitals picked forward Oskar Magnusson 211th overall in the 2020 NHL Draft on Wednesday afternoon. The 18-year-old native of Trelleborg, Sweden spent last season with the J20 SuperElit’s Malmö Redhawks.
Photo: Medicine Hat News The Washington Capitals selected goaltender Garin Bjorklund with the 179th overall pick, their final one, at the 2020 NHL Draft, which was held virtually, on Wednesday. The 18-year-old spent last season with the WHL’s Medicine Sound … Continue reading
Photo: Rink Royalty The Washington Capitals selected center Bear Hughes 148th overall in the 2020 NHL Draft on Wednesday afternoon. The 19-year-old spent last season with the WHL’s Spokane Chiefs.
Photo: The Hockey Writers The Washington Capitals selected forward Bogdan Trineyev, a native of Voronezh, Russia, with the 117th overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, which was held virtually, on Wednesday afternoon. Trineyev, 18, played with the MHL’s Dynamo … Continue reading
Photo: QMJHL The Washington Capitals selected center Hendrix Lapierre, a native of Gatineau, Quebec, with the 22nd overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, which was held virtually. Lapierre, 18, played with the QJMHL’s Chicoutimi Saguenéens last season.
NHL The Washington Capitals will make their first selection in the first round of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft with the 24th overall pick, with the draft being held this Tuesday night. NoVa Caps is examining the players generally ranked between … Continue reading