Search NoVa Caps Site
- Dmitry Orlov Comments On New Coach For Russian National Team
- Capitals Alumni Profile: Bobby Gould
- What To Expect At MedStar Capitals Iceplex Next Week When Phase 2 Begins for the Capitals
- Team Roster Sizes For 2020 Playoffs Still To Be Determined
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
Category Archives: Defense
What went wrong for the Washington Capitals in the first period against the Colorado Avalanche? Continue reading
Photo: NBCS The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday afternoon that they have placed defenseman Michal Kempny on injured non-roster, meaning that he will not count against the salary cap and can be activated as soon as he is ready.
Photo: Sportsnet The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday that defenseman Christian Djoos has cleared waivers and has been sent to the AHL’s Hershey Bears a day after they waived him.
The Washington Capitals have constructed a team blueprint that is built for success. Continue reading
Washington Capitals prospect Alexander Alexeyev spoke to the media at the 2019 NHLPA Prospects Showcase at MedStar Capitals Iceplex on Sunday afternoon. He discussed captain Alex Ovechkin, his experience at the showcase, and more.
Photo: Blueshirt Banter The Tampa Bay Lightning announced on Monday morning that they have signed defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to a one-year contract worth $1.75 million. The 30-year old became an unrestricted free agent on July 31 after the New York … Continue reading
Capitals Assistant Coach Reid Cashman Gives “Building Deception In Your D[efense]” Presentation At 2019 Coaches Conference
Washington Capitals assistant coach Reid Cashman gave a presentation called “Building Deception In Your D[efense]” on the second day of the 2019 Hockey Coaches Conference at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario on Friday afternoon. Here are some highlights from his … Continue reading
Photo: Tori Hartman The Washington Capitals announced on Saturday afternoon that they have re-signed defenseman Colby Williams to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal carries a cap hit of $700,000 at the NHL level and $90,000 at the AHL level. … Continue reading
Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire, Via Associated Press With the loss of veteran defenseman Aaron Ness in free agency and the pending departure of Ryan Sproul, Tyler Lewington was left as the lone veteran presence on the Hershey Bears’ blueline. The Hershey … Continue reading
Photo: Canucks Forum The Washington Capitals selected defenseman Martin Has with their fifth-round pick (153rd overall) in the 2019 NHL Draft. The 18-year old spent the past two seasons with Tappara U20 of the Jr. A SM-liiga in Finland.