Search NoVa Caps Site
- Aliaksei Protas’ Billet Dad, Who Created The ‘Viper’ Nickname, Is Happy To See New Protas Bobblehead
- “We Are Pushing Each Other, But In A Good Way”: Vitek Vanecek Talks Competition with Ilya Samsonov, Rollercoaster Offseason, and Recovering From Injury
- Capitals’ Michal Kempny: “I Feel Good On The Ice And That’s Really Important To Me”
- Images From Day 2 of Capitals’ Training Camp
- Capitals Announce COVID-19 Protocols At Capital One Arena Prior To Sunday’s Preseason Opener
- Early Line Tinkering At Day 2 Of Washington Capitals Training Camp
- NBC Sports Washington, Capitals Announce 2021-22 Regional TV Schedule
- Washington Capitals Announce Caesars Entertainment As First-Ever Jersey Patch Partner
- “I’m Happy That I’m Here”: Evgeny Kuznetsov Talks Offseason Trade Rumblings, Rebounding From a Tough 2020-21 Campaign, and The Return of Fans
- Brian MacLellan Says He Thinks Evgeny Kuznetsov “Is In A Good Spot…He’s Come Here In Really Good Shape”
Category Archives: Barry Trotz
The 2017-2018 was a great season for Washington Capitals. They won their first ever Stanley Cup. But during the regular season, many of the players managed to achieve career milestones. Prior to the season, NoVa Caps looked at potential player … Continue reading
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The Capitals are ‘very close’ to hiring Todd Reirden as their new head coach, according to Bucci Mane of Bucciot.com. He said it could be announced today. Mane reported the news on Thursday morning.
Alex Ovechkin: “But the Dream Was Alive, I Worked On it, and When You Get to the Goal You Get Some New Goals. And I’ll Work on Them Too.”
Photo: Sporting News Capitals’ captain Alex Ovechkin talked to Sport-Express and NHL.com hockey writer in Russia, Igor Eronko, about the postseason run, Barry Trotz, and Wayne Gretzky’s goal record.
Opinion: Capitals’ Refusal to Give Barry Trotz Term on A New Contract is A Mistake That Could Cost Them Big
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images When it was announced that former Capitals Head Coach Barry Trotz had resigned from his post after negotiations on terms of his two-year extension fell through, there was likely shock running all throughout the fan base. Just … Continue reading
Photo: Zimbio After Barry Trotz resigned as Capitals head coach on Monday afternoon, he did not stay unemployed for very long. The New York Islanders hired Trotz on Thursday afternoon. The Islanders were the only other team in the NHL … Continue reading
It’s difficult to say what any relationship is like without being a part of it. There are just too many variables and missing pieces of information to make a sound and accurate assessment. When it comes to Barry Trotz’ resignation on … Continue reading
What an absolute whirlwind the last few weeks have been. In hindsight, my feelings about the Washington Capitals and the way things were meant to happen ended up being spot-on. This team, that many thought wouldn’t even make the post season … Continue reading
The news of Barry Trotz’ resignation Monday afternoon did not come as a complete surprise for many. There had been numerous reports throughout the season that things were not all warm and fuzzy down at Capitals HQ (Kettler Capitals Iceplex). … Continue reading
Photo: Sporting News The Washington Capitals announced on Monday afternoon that head coach Barry Trotz has resigned and will not be back with the team.