Search NoVa Caps Site
- Jay Beagle Receives Stanley Cup Ring
- Hershey Bears Vitek Vanecek Named CCM/AHL Player Of The Week
- Capitals Sign Kody Clark To Three-Year Entry Level Contract
- Rounding Off the Bottom-Six: Three Players Competing for Two Spots In the Capitals’ Third and Fourth-lines [Readers Poll]
- Game Preview: Capitals @ Canucks
- Our Latest Design: A Tribute To Braden “HoltBae”
- Elite and Leading By Example: Evgeny Kuznetsov Has Emerged As One of the NHL’s Best Players and One of the Capitals’ Most Valuable Leaders
- Bears Beat Checkers 2-0, Hand Charlotte Their First Loss Of The Season
- Bears Assign Milner To South Carolina
- After Demotion To Fourth Line, What’s Next For Andre Burakovsky?
Category Archives: Barry Trotz
After winning the Stanley Cup, what are some expectations coming out of Washington Capitals training camp in 2018? Continue reading
Will the Washington Capitals remain on top of the Metropolitan Division? Continue reading
The 2017-2018 was a great season for Washington Capitals. They won their first ever Stanley Cup. But during the regular season, many of the players managed to achieve career milestones. Prior to the season, NoVa Caps looked at potential player … Continue reading
The Capitals have named Todd Reirden as Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Rierden becomes the Capitals’ 18th head coach in franchise history.
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The Capitals are ‘very close’ to hiring Todd Reirden as their new head coach, according to Bucci Mane of Bucciot.com. He said it could be announced today. Mane reported the news on Thursday morning.
Alex Ovechkin: “But the Dream Was Alive, I Worked On it, and When You Get to the Goal You Get Some New Goals. And I’ll Work on Them Too.”
Photo: Sporting News Capitals’ captain Alex Ovechkin talked to Sport-Express and NHL.com hockey writer in Russia, Igor Eronko, about the postseason run, Barry Trotz, and Wayne Gretzky’s goal record.
Opinion: Capitals’ Refusal to Give Barry Trotz Term on A New Contract is A Mistake That Could Cost Them Big
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images When it was announced that former Capitals Head Coach Barry Trotz had resigned from his post after negotiations on terms of his two-year extension fell through, there was likely shock running all throughout the fan base. Just … Continue reading
Photo: Zimbio After Barry Trotz resigned as Capitals head coach on Monday afternoon, he did not stay unemployed for very long. The New York Islanders hired Trotz on Thursday afternoon. The Islanders were the only other team in the NHL … Continue reading
It’s difficult to say what any relationship is like without being a part of it. There are just too many variables and missing pieces of information to make a sound and accurate assessment. When it comes to Barry Trotz’ resignation on … Continue reading
What an absolute whirlwind the last few weeks have been. In hindsight, my feelings about the Washington Capitals and the way things were meant to happen ended up being spot-on. This team, that many thought wouldn’t even make the post season … Continue reading