Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway: “We Have To Find A Way To Not Trust Ourselves To Scrape By With Points, But Rather Take Control Of Games”
- Brenden Dillon: “Consistency Is First And Foremost Taking Care Of Your Own Game”
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette On Trevor Van Riemsdyk And Jonas Siegenthaler: “I Do Believe Those Two Players Not Playing Are NHL Defensemen”
- Capitals’ Carl Hagelin: “We’re A Team That Needs To Play Aggressive And Be Physical”
- Peter Laviolette Discusses Zdeno Chara, Vitek Vanecek And Team Discipline Prior To Monday’s Practice
- Capitals Fall To Penguins, 4-3 In Shootout; Alex Ovechkin Scores First Goal Of The Season
- NHL Moves Capitals-Sabres Game On Sunday To 3 PM ET
- He’s Still Got It: Alex Ovechkin Scores First Goal of the 2020-21 Season, 707th Career Goal Against Penguins
- Daniel Sprong To Make Capitals’ Debut vs. Penguins, Conor Sheary Scratched Against Former Team; Ilya Samsonov In Net
- Washington at Pittsburgh Series Preview: Capitals Continue Road Trip vs. Penguins
Author Archives: Stephanie Judge
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images WASHINGTON — After two months, 13 games played this season, and 16 shots on goal, Richard Panik finally found the cheese tonight at Capital One Arena against the Anaheim Ducks. He roared his … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images After mounting a six-game win streak, the Capitals fell to the Arizona Coyotes last night in a shootout at Capital One Arena. While a loss – especially on home ice – is always … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals host the Arizona Coyotes on Monday night at 7:00 PM in the first matchup between the two teams this season. In 2018-19, the teams split the season series with the Capitals losing 4-1 at home on November 11, 2018, before securing … Continue reading
Photo: Rob Carr/Getty Images If a good start is truly more than half the race then the Capitals second line, Jakub Vrana, Evgeny Kuznetsov, and Tom Wilson, are already winning.
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images “I’m really happy,” said Jakub Vrana last night about scoring his first NHL hat trick, second career multi-goal game, and extending his point streak to five games in the Capitals 4-2 win over … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images New recruit Richard Panik notched his first goal as a Capital in last night’s 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues. Panik, who scored deep into the third period, may be new to the Capitals, but … Continue reading
On the eve of the on-ice training camp, the Capitals and media teams converged yesterday at the MedStar Ice Complex for the annual Media Day before hitting the ice tomorrow on Day 1 of training camp. While optimism for the … Continue reading
Bill Wippert/NHLI/Getty No doubt you’ve heard Locker, Joe B., and John Walton lamenting this season’s “compressed schedule” that leaves the Capitals with an unprecedented 16 sets of back-to-back games. And the logical question is “why”? Well, it’s not the hockey … Continue reading
The Washington DC metro area is notorious for its Type A overachievers, and much like helicopter parents paying extreme attention to their offspring — Washington Caps fans nervously wring their angst-ridden hands over every hiccup in the Capitals’ game.
Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images Verizon Center paid tribute to its hometown goalies at Tuesday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche – both of them.