Search NoVa Caps Site
- The Capitals Depth Is Shining: The 4th Line Is Getting It Done on the Ice
- Capitals Players, MSE Foundation Host Holiday Party for Local Families at MedStar Capitals Iceplex
- From Kolzig to Holtby: Looking at the Washington Capitals’ Goalie Carousel – Part 5 of 5
- Capitals’ Practice News Roundup: Tom Wilson and Brooks Orpik Continue To Make Progress
- Alex Ovechkin Passes Dino Ciccarelli For 11th On All-Time Multi-Goal Games List
- Patience Leads to T.J. Oshie’s Triumphant Return
- Red Wings @ Capitals – Inside The Numbers: A Familiar Formula
- Capitals Alex Ovechkin Records 21st Career Hat Trick Against the Detroit Red Wings
- Capitals Thump Red Wings 6-2; Alex Ovechkin Scores Hat Trick; T.J. Oshie Scores in Return
- Scarlet Caps Presented by Giant to Host Hockey ‘n Heels
Author Archives: Stephanie Judge
Bill Wippert/NHLI/Getty No doubt you’ve heard Locker, Joe B., and John Walton lamenting this season’s “compressed schedule” that leaves the Capitals with an unprecedented 16 sets of back-to-back games. And the logical question is “why”? Well, it’s not the hockey … Continue reading
The Washington DC metro area is notorious for its Type A overachievers, and much like helicopter parents paying extreme attention to their offspring — Washington Caps fans nervously wring their angst-ridden hands over every hiccup in the Capitals’ game.
Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images Verizon Center paid tribute to its hometown goalies at Tuesday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche – both of them.
The Washington Capitals 4th Line is the Charm – Adding Depth, Experience and Skill While Rounding Out Our Offensive Lines
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images A team’s depth is often a key element to its success and last night, the Capitals fourth line stepped forth from the shadows and into the limelight of center ice which, if the … Continue reading
Bruce Bennett / Getty Images Excitement was running high Saturday night as the Washington Capitals returned to the Verizon Center for the 2016-2017 season home opener against the New York Islanders. The Capitals, last year’s Presidents’ Trophy winners, fell to their … Continue reading
Source: Online Kicker NoVa Caps recently had the opportunity to speak with Philipp Grubauer, the Capitals back-up goalie, about the Capitals season opener tonight against the Penguins, his experience with Team Europe and his unique pre-game routines.
Looking extremely uncomfortable, donning his “college suit”, the 6’4” Sanford entered today’s Capitals’ sponsored media luncheon nervously, like a teenager on his first date. His eyes darted around the room as he watched his veteran team members for cues as … Continue reading
Eager for some real-time hockey, Toronto beckoned as the World Cup of Hockey (WCH) tournament drew closer. In the midst of August, with October seeming a lifetime away, this NoVa Caps contributor caved and made plans to attend the 2016 WCH.
Getty Images Sunday night the explosive speed and hard charging tenacity of Team North America completely dominated the veterans of Team Finland, besting them 4-1 at the final horn.
Team Europe notched their first win of the pre-tournament games with a 6-2 victory over Team Sweden, Wednesday night at Verizon Center.