Search NoVa Caps Site
- Sprung By Sprong: Daniel Sprong Records First Point As A Washington Capital On Evgeny Kuznetsov’s First Goal of the Season
- Top Line Tommy: Capitals’ Tom Wilson Scores Two Goals In First Period Against Penguins; Has Five Points in Four Games
- Capitals Cough Up Two Two-Goal Leads, Fall 5-4 To Penguins In OT; Tom Wilson Scores Twice
- Report: Four Hurricanes Players Test Positive For COVID-19
- Alex Alexeyev Wins ‘Rookie Of The Week’ Award In KHL, Scores A Goal In Three Consecutive Games
- Vitek Vanecek Will Start In Net For Capitals vs. Penguins On Tuesday
- Capitals To Wear Reverse Retro Jersey Four Times This Season
- Report: Tuesday’s Hurricanes-Predators Game Postponed Out Of COVID-19 Precaution
- Capitals Morning Lines: TJ Oshie Drops To Third Line
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway: “We Have To Find A Way To Not Trust Ourselves To Scrape By With Points, But Rather Take Control Of Games”
Author Archives: Harrison Brown
Islanders’ Semyon Varlamov Leaves Pregame Skate vs. Rangers After Taking Shot In Throat, Does Not Play
Screencap: MSG New York Islanders goaltender Semyon Varlamov left the team’s pregame skate prior to their 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night after taking a shot in the lower-helmet, upper-neck part of … Continue reading
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette announced on Friday that goaltender Vitek Vanecek will make his NHL debut against the Buffalo Sabres (7 PM ET, NBC Sports Washington). “It’s a good opportunity for everyone to get in … including [Vanecek],” … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The NHL announced multiple changes to the 2020-21 regular-season schedule, which included moving the Boston Bruins-Washington Capitals game at Capital One Arena from Sunday, April 11 to the day before.
Photo: Sara Schmidle/Getty Images The Washington Capitals opened the 2020-21 season with a 6-4 victory at the Buffalo Sabres at KeyBank Arena on Thursday. Goaltender Ilya Samsonov made 22 saves in the win.
The Washington Capitals will open the 2020-21 season with two games at the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday and Friday night. The teams split two regular-season meetings last season, including a 3-2 shootout win by the Sabres in Western New York … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday that they have signed goaltender Craig Anderson to a one-year contract worth $700,000 and put him on waivers with the intention of putting him on the taxi squad. The 39-year-old became an … Continue reading
Photo: ESPN The NHL announced on Tuesday evening that 27 players on nine different teams have tested positive for COVID-19 since teams were allowed to open training camps on Wednesday, December 30. Opening night across the league is slated to … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images As the realigned divisions are set and with the 2020-21 season just a day away, NoVa Caps wraps up with their division previews. Today, we look at the East Division:
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday that they have loaned forwards Shane Gersich, Philippe Maillet, and Michael Sgarbossa; and defensemen Paul LaDue, Cam Schilling, and Lucas Johansen to the AHL’s Hershey Bears. All six were placed on waivers … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet The nine players that the Washington Capitals placed on waivers on Monday afternoon all cleared.