Search NoVa Caps Site
- Nicklas Backstrom, Carl Hagelin Will Meet With Members Of Team Sweden In Stockholm Next Week
- Capitals Prospect Haakon Hanelt Scores Goal, Two Assists In Under 20 Summer Challenge Tournament
- Michal Kempny: What To Expect When He Returns From Injury
- NHL Analytics Glossary
- How Will The Capitals Replace Brenden Dillon?
- Former Blue Jackets, Rangers Coach John Tortorella Joins ESPN As Studio Analyst
- Vegas Updates Odds For 2022 Stanley Cup Following Drafts, Free Agency
- Brenden Dillon Understands Trade From Washington Was A Business Deal
- Bogdan Trineyev Called To Russian National Team For 2021 Sochi Open
- Capitals’ Ilya Samsonov Does Not File For Salary Arbitration; Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana Among 17 Players That Did
Author Archives: Bryan Hailey
As the playoffs approach many decisions must be made, many questions answered. Coaches will fine-tune their line ups. Who will start in net? Who will take the key defensive zone draw with the game on the line? NBC will argue … Continue reading
Photo: David Klutho/Sports Illustrated With news coming out this week that uniform advertising is likely soon coming to the NHL, we wondered what ads might look like if each uniform ad was targeted per specific player. We take a tongue-in-cheek … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The 2019-20 NHL season paused on March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic and all but two hockey leagues across the planet have canceled the remainder of their seasons. In this NoVa Caps “Point-Counterpoint” we debate: Should the … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals are fully engulfed in their annual mid-season swoon. Each of the last five or six seasons, sometime around the All-Star break, the Caps end up fighting through the dog days of Winter. Having established themselves as an … Continue reading
Photo by Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports Flyers. A dirty word in our household. The second-worst F-word. Often muttered in tandem with the worst F-word. The Philadelphia Flyers are as contemptible an opponent as the Capitals play. Consistently irritating, like sand … Continue reading
Washington Capitals forward Travis Boyd is missing. Well, technically, he’s not missing. During almost every game he can be found in the press box watching the game from above. But he’s been missing from the lineup too often recently.
As the Capitals teeter on the edge of another customary mid-winter swoon, one of their special teams’ units got a head start. The power play, once a vaunted powerhouse, has been sputtering for better than a month.
Despite all the exciting hockey being played on the ice, the National Hockey League has unfortunately been in the news lately as much for things happening off the ice. A scandal surrounding coaches’ actions and behaviors is beginning to unfold. … Continue reading
Brooks Orpik: Man. Myth. Legend. Villain? Brooks Orpik retired this week as a Washington Capital fan favorite, but he wasn’t always celebrated as such. In fact, during his 11 seasons as a Pittsburgh Penguin, I despised Brooks Orpik. It wasn’t … Continue reading
Photo: @nastyashubskya Yesterday was amazing for Caps fans. Celebrating the Stanley Cupiversary allowed us to revel in the goosebump-inducing moments of June 7, 2018: Devante Smith-Pelly and Lars Eller excelling in clutch moments. A weird scoreboard clock issue and Nick … Continue reading