Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: 2020-2021 NHL Season To Start In December or January, Will Be Full 82-Game Schedule
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Closing In On CBA Extension Agreement
- Report: Blues Cancel Informal Skates After Multiple Players Test Positive For COVID-19
- Salary Cap for 2020-2021 NHL Season To Remain At $81.5 Million
- Sounds of the 2020 NHL Playoffs: Broadcasters Will Focus On The Sounds of The Game
- Report: NHL Targetting August 1 Resumption Of Play
- Report: NHL Training Camp Start Date Pushed Back By At Least Three Days
- Fight, Inspire, Overcome, Celebrate – Flyers’ Oskar Lindblom Successfully Completes Chemo Treatments
- Report: Edmonton Will Host 2020 Conference, Stanley Cup Finals
- Manning the Pipes: Who Should Start in Goal For The Washington Capitals?
Author Archives: Bryan Hailey
Photo: @Capitals The 2019-20 NHL season paused on March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic and all but two hockey leagues across the planet have canceled the remainder of their seasons. In this NoVa Caps “Point-Counterpoint” we debate: Should the … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals are fully engulfed in their annual mid-season swoon. Each of the last five or six seasons, sometime around the All-Star break, the Caps end up fighting through the dog days of Winter. Having established themselves as an … Continue reading
Photo by Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports Flyers. A dirty word in our household. The second-worst F-word. Often muttered in tandem with the worst F-word. The Philadelphia Flyers are as contemptible an opponent as the Capitals play. Consistently irritating, like sand … Continue reading
Washington Capitals forward Travis Boyd is missing. Well, technically, he’s not missing. During almost every game he can be found in the press box watching the game from above. But he’s been missing from the lineup too often recently.
As the Capitals teeter on the edge of another customary mid-winter swoon, one of their special teams’ units got a head start. The power play, once a vaunted powerhouse, has been sputtering for better than a month.
Despite all the exciting hockey being played on the ice, the National Hockey League has unfortunately been in the news lately as much for things happening off the ice. A scandal surrounding coaches’ actions and behaviors is beginning to unfold. … Continue reading
Brooks Orpik: Man. Myth. Legend. Villain? Brooks Orpik retired this week as a Washington Capital fan favorite, but he wasn’t always celebrated as such. In fact, during his 11 seasons as a Pittsburgh Penguin, I despised Brooks Orpik. It wasn’t … Continue reading
Photo: @nastyashubskya Yesterday was amazing for Caps fans. Celebrating the Stanley Cupiversary allowed us to revel in the goosebump-inducing moments of June 7, 2018: Devante Smith-Pelly and Lars Eller excelling in clutch moments. A weird scoreboard clock issue and Nick … Continue reading
Hello Game 7, We Meet Again: The Washington Capitals Look To Build On Recent Successes In The “Decisive Game”
Photo: NHL via Getty Images Game Seven. The two most exciting words in sports. Two words dripping with anticipation. Two words which can both elate and deflate. Two words that, for Washington Capitals fans, are fraught with danger.