According to The Athletic’s Sean Shapiro, the full United States national television schedule for the 2022-23 NHL season will be released later this week. It is expected that ESPN will broadcast the 2023 NHL Stadium Series game between the Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes at NC State on February 18.
Hearing that stadium series will be on ESPN this year after being on Turner last season. Full list of national TV games is expected to come out this week.
— Sean Shapiro (@seanshapiro) September 6, 2022
Teams will open training camp around Thursday, September 22, preseason games will start two days later, and the regular season will begin on Friday, October 7 when the Nashville Predators and San Jose Sharks participate in the NHL Global Series in Prague, Czech Republic.
Some other Capitals regular-season games that could be on the national television schedule include:
* Wednesday, October 12 vs. Boston Bruins (7 PM ET)
*Wednesday, November 9 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (7:30 PM ET)
* Friday, November 11 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (7 PM ET)
* Wednesday, December 7 at Philadelphia Flyers (7:30 PM ET)
* Tuesday, December 27 at New York Rangers (7 PM ET)
* Wednesday, January 11 at Flyers (7:30 PM ET)
* Tuesday, January 24 at Colorado Avalanche (9 PM ET)
* Saturday, February 11 at Bruins (3 PM ET)
* Saturday, February 24 vs. Rangers (3 PM ET)
* Wednesday, March 1 at Anaheim Ducks (10 PM ET)
* Friday, March 17 vs. St. Louis Blues (7 PM ET)
* Saturday, March 25 at Penguins (8 PM ET)
* Wednesday, March 29 vs. New York Islanders (7:30 PM ET)
* Thursday, March 30 at Lightning (7 PM ET)
* Sunday, April 2 vs. Rangers (1 PM ET)
* Tuesday, April 11 at Bruins (7 PM ET)
Last season, ESPN covered games on Tuesdays and Thursdays; ESPN+ on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays; ABC on Saturdays; and TNT on Wednesdays and Sundays (starting in March).
By Harrison Brown