The Seattle Kraken announced on Tuesday that fans will be required to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test in order to attend games this season. They join the San Jose Sharks as the only two teams (so far) in the United States to require proof of vaccine or negative test. All Canadian teams have already implemented the requirements.
Seattle Kraken Policy
How You Can Keep Others Safe
- All guests ages 12 and up are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Kraken and Climate Pledge Arena will soon introduce a seamless and convenient process to allow guests to show proof of full vaccination via their smartphones.
- If you’re unable to be vaccinated for approved reasons, you will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or molecular test (taken within 48-hours of event).
- Wear a mask at all times, unless actively eating or drinking while seated
- Avoid crowding as you navigate the property
- Use hand sanitizer and frequently wash your hands
How We’re Keeping You Safe
- We require all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors to be fully vaccinated
Air Circulation & Filtration
- We have reviewed ventilation performance to increase the effective ventilation rate per occupant
- We will work to optimize air filtration within the arena and our system will be operated to maximize ventilation rate in response to climate conditions and occupancy with a 100% fresh air delivery when appropriate and within smaller spaces, such as our suites, we can add portable HEPA filtration as needed
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitization
- We will be Sharecare VERIFIED, a designation showing our venue is verified on a full range of expert validated health and safety protocols, providing instantly recognizable third-party assurance that gives fans peace of mind
- We are employing the latest sanitization solutions including the use of long-term protectants and sanitizers to minimize pathogens on all surfaces
- We encourage the use of mobile or cashless transactions for parking, ticketing, food & beverage, merchandise, and restrooms
- We utilize Flow Through Security Screening
- Grab and go food and beverage options available throughout the arena to reduce guest and staff interactions
- Hand sanitizer stations will be widely available throughout the arena
- We are developing policies and protocols that change with the latest scientific and medical information
The Washington Capitals make their first visit to Climate Pledge Arena on November 21.
By Jon Sorensen