Happy 4th of July weekend, Caps Nation! We may be down to just one more hockey game in the 2020-21 season, as the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Montreal Canadiens, 6-3 on Friday night, taking a commanding 3-0 series lead. The Lightning can win their second-consecutive Stanley Cup with a win on Monday night in Montreal.
I’ll be in the building on Monday.
— The Stanley Cup (@StanleyCup) July 3, 2021
Only one NHL team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a Stanley Cup Final series (1942 Toronto Maple Leaf’s). Other teams that have come back from 3-0 deficit in other playoff rounds are the 1975 New York Islanders, 2010 Philadelphia Flyers and 2014 Los Angeles Kings. In the mean time, here are your latest links for the 4th of July:
In Case You Missed It
- Zdeno Chara, Martin Fehervary participate in annual “Stars For Children” charity event in Slovakia.
- Game 1 Of Stanley Cup Final Least-Watched Stanley Cup Final Opener Since 2007
- Could The Capitals Look to Seattle for a Defenseman?
- ESPN Announces NHL Coverage Team For 2021-22 Season
- Tampa Bay Lightning family members denied entry into Canada (ESPN)
- Agent: Eichel, Sabres nearing resolution on surgery (TSN)
- Another quiet night for NHL Stanley Cup, but game 2 viewership up big (Sports Media Watch)
- Predators hope to make expansion draft trade to protect players (Pro Hockey Rumors)
- NHL rumor roundup (Sportsnet)
- The NHL’s greatest nicknames (Yardbarker)
- Bettman casts doubt on players going to Olympics (TSN)
- Alex Ovechkin’s gloves from goal #717, tying Phil Esposito for 6th on all time list, are for sale. (Meigray)
2021 Prospect Review And Forecasts
- Alex Alexeyev
- Martin Fehervary
- Tobias Geisser
- Connor McMichael
- Bobby Nardella
- Aliaksei Protas
- Damien Riat
They Said What?
In an interview with the Athletic, Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon was asked about his stance on adding advertisements to uniforms.
“Look, I’d be on the very, very extreme end,” Dundon said. “Like for me if we look like Formula 1 or NASCAR, that’d be fine with me. I think the league is constantly looking at how do they maintain tradition plus maximize revenue and figure out the balance? And I think they’re doing a good job of it. But yeah, if it were left to me, it would probably be a good subset of people that didn’t like what I did.”
Alex Ovechkin and his family have returned home to Moscow following a few weeks of down time in Turkey. He met with media to film a spot just outside of Moscow on Thursday.
Dmitry Orlov spent part of his Saturday providing instruction for young defensemen in Russia.
Capitals defenseman Nick Jensen and his family are all decked-out for the holiday.
It was a pool day for Tom Wilson and his canine brethren on Saturday.
Retro Ovi – 2009 Commerical for Eastern Motors.
And finally, from the questionable judgement category…..
By Jon Sorensen