A new video tweeted by the Washington Capitals is calling for everyone in the DMV to stay safe and stay home. The organization has launched #ALLCAPS At Home, a one-stop destination for resources on staying healthy, staying entertained, and staying involved alongside updates for Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia for the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
We are all in this together. And we are #ALLCAPS. Stay Safe, Stay Home.
“We all miss you. You have always been tremendous to us,” captain Alex Ovechkin says. “Take care of your family and take care of yourself because right now, we are together.”
- Mental health tips are promoted through Hockey Talks to raise awareness and help end the stigma around mental health
- The Caps Kids Club has activities to keep busy as home
- The #StickWithFitness video series features ways to keep hockey skills sharp from Capitals’ Hockey Ambassador and Team USA Olympic Gold Medalist Haley Skarupa and various P.E. coaches from around our area
- Follow along with Caps Gaming as JohnWaynee90 battles his way through the NHL Gaming World Championship tournament! Watch along on Twitch and follow @capsgaming on Twitter and Instagram
- Binge-watch Beyond Hockey, a new content series for this season gives you a chance to get to know the guys and their lives away from the rink and in the community
- NHL fans can find league video content, including classic games and all-access programs on NHL Pause Binge
- Food for First Responders– SuperFd Catering is teaming up with Garnet Hathway’s program, “Hath’s Heroes” to provide prepared meals for first responders. To make a donation, please click here.
- Leveling the Playing Field– As our community practices Stay-at-Home policies, it’s a great time to clear home storage of unused sports gear to compile for local nonprofit giving to kids to access more sports – and diverting from landfills.
- Voices of D.C. Sports– Fourteen local sports broadcasters are coming together through the initiative, Voices of D.C. Sports: Helping to Feed the City. Fans are encouraged to ask for video messages from a sports personality by a $25 donation. All proceeds will benefit DC Central Kitchen, the Capital Area Food Bank, and Martha’s Table. You can text DCSPORTS to 44321 to make a donation as well.
For more information on #ALLCAPS At Home, click here.
#ALLCAPS AT HOME – a place to keep up with everything the Washington Capitals, the city of Washington, D.C., and the states of Maryland and Virginia are doing to join together and fight the spread of COVID-19.
Here, you will find up-to-date information for the entire DMV, opportunities for you to make a difference, activities to keep yourself safe during the “Stay At Home” orders and what we and our partners are doing in our community to help the fight against the Coronavirus.
Hopefully, soon we will be back on the ice playing in front of the best fans in the NHL but for now, we need the entire to DMV to stay home and stay safe.
By Della Young