As the 2019 NHL Trade Deadline approaches on February 25, NoVa Caps is tracking all of the deals that are made until the clock hits 3 PM that day. Please check back daily for any trade news. You can find all of the deals made leading up to the trade deadline below:
Monday, February 25 (3:00 PM Deadline)
- The Columbus Blue Jackets acquired netminder Keith Kinkaid from New Jersey Devils in exchange for a 2022 fifth round pick.
- Anaheim trades forward Brian Gibbons to Ottawa in exchange for prospect Patrick Sieloff
- Winnipeg Jets acquire center Kevin Hayes from New York Rangers in exchange for a 2019 first-round pick, forward Brendan Lemieux, and a conditional 2019 fourth-round pick if the Jets win the Stanley Cup
- Montreal Canadiens acquire forward Jordan Weal from Arizona Coyotes in exchange for forward Michael Chaput
- Carolina Hurricanes acquire forward Tomas Jurco from Panthers in exchange for forward Cliff Pu and future conditions
- Rangers trade Adam McQuaid to Blue Jackets in exchange for fourth and seventh-round draft picks in addition to Bergman
- Florida Panthers trade center Derick Brassard to Colorado Avalanche in exchange for a third-round pick in 2020
- Senators trade forward Mark Stone to Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for defensive prospect Erik Branstrom, forward Oscar Lindberg, and a 2020 second-round pick
- Nashville Predators acquire center Mikael Granlund in exchange for forward Kevin Fiala
- Calgary Flames acquire defenseman Oscar Fantenberg from Kings in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2020
- Predators acquire Wayne Simmonds from Flyers in exchange for forward Ryan Hartman and a conditional fourth-round pick in 2020 (can become third if Nashville reaches Western Conference Final)
- Blues acquire defenseman Michael Del Zotto from Ducks in exchange for a sixth-round pick
- Bruins acquire forward Marcus Johansson from Devils in exchange for a 2019 second-round pick and a 2020 fourth-round pick
- Jets acquire forward Matt Hendricks from Wild for a seventh-round pick
- Panthers trade defensemen Bogdan Kiselevich to Jets for a seventh-round pick
- Jets acquire defenseman Nathan Beaulieu from Sabres for sixth-round pick
- Penguins trade forward Tanner Pearson to Canucks for defenseman Erik Gudbranson
- Penguins acquire defenseman Chris Wideman from Panthers in exchange for forward Jean-Sebastian Dea
Sunday, February 24
- The Detroit Red Wings acquired a second-round draft pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and a conditional third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for RW Gustav Nyquist.
- Buffalo Sabres acquire defenseman Brendan Montour from Anaheim Ducks in exchange for defenseman Brendan Guhle and a conditional 2019 first-round pick (either St. Louis Blues or San Jose Sharks)
- Nashville Predators trade Nic Baptiste to the Toronto Maple Leafs (Minor league transaction)
Saturday, February 23
- Dallas Stars acquire defenseman Ben Lovejoy from New Jersey Devils in exchange for defenseman Connor Carrick and a third-round pick in 2019
- Blue Jackets acquire center Ryan Dzingel and a 2019 seventh-round pick (originally owned by the Calgary Flames) from Senators in exchange for two second-round picks in 2020 and 2021 in addition to forward Anthony Duclair
- Stars acquire forward Mats Zuccarello from New York Rangers in exchange for conditional second (2019) and third-round (2020) picks (the second-rounder becomes a first if Dallas wins at least two playoff series and the third-rounder becomes a first if Zuccarello re-signs with Dallas at the end of the season).
Friday, February 22
- Columbus Blue Jackets acquire center Matt Duchene from Ottawa Senators in exchange for prospect Vitaly Abramov, prospect Jonathan Davidsson, a first-round pick in 2019, and a conditional first-round pick if Duchene re-signs with the Blue Jackets
- Capitals acquire defenseman Nick Jensen from Detroit Red Wings in exchange for defenseman Madison Bowey and a second-round pick in 2020
Thursday, February 21
- Washington Capitals acquire forward Carl Hagelin from Los Angeles Kings in exchange for 2019 third-round pick and 2020 conditional sixth-round pick
Wednesday, February 20
- Boston Bruins acquire forward Charlie Coyle from Minnesota Wild in exchange for forward Ryan Donato and 2019 conditional fifth-round draft pick
Monday, February 18
- Chicago Blackhawks acquire forward Peter Holland from New York Rangers in exchange for defenseman Darren Raddysh
Saturday, February 16
- Philadelphia Flyers acquire goaltender Cam Talbot from Edmonton Oilers in exchange for goaltender Anthony Stolarz
- Oilers acquire forward Sam Gagner from Vancouver Canucks in exchange for forward Ryan Spooner
OTHER TRADES IN 2018-2019 (From NHL.com)
FEBRUARY 12: Vancouver Canucks acquire goalie Marek Mazanec from New York Rangers for 2020 seventh-round pick. | Rangers acquire seventh-round pick in 2020 NHL Draft
FEBRUARY 11: Pittsburgh Penguins acquire defenseman Blake Siebenaler from Columbus Blue Jackets for conditional 2019 seventh-round pick. | Blue Jackets trade Siebenaler to Penguins for 2019 conditional pick
FEBRUARY 9: Montreal Canadiens acquire defenseman Christian Folin and forward Dale Weise from Philadelphia Flyers for defenseman David Schlemko and forward Byron Froese. | Weise, Folin traded to Canadiens by Flyers
FEBRUARY 8: Arizona Coyotes acquire forward Emil Pettersson from Nashville Predators for forwards Laurent Dauphin and Adam Helewka. | Pettersson traded to Coyotes by Predators
FEBRUARY 6: Ottawa Senators acquire forward Jean-Christophe Beaudin from Colorado Avalanche for forward Max McCormick. | Jean-Christophe Beaudin traded to Senators by Avalanche
FEBRUARY 1: Pittsburgh Penguins acquire forward Nick Bjugstad and forward Jared McCann from Florida Panthers for forward Derick Brassard, Riley Sheahan, a second-round pick and fourth-round pick in 2019 draft. | Brassard, Sheahan traded to Panthers by Penguins
JANUARY 30: Minnesota Wild acquire defenseman Michael Kapla from New Jersey Devils in exchange for defenseman Ryan Murphy. | Wild acquires defenseman Michael Kapla from New Jersey
JANUARY 28: Toronto Maple Leafs acquire defenseman Jake Muzzin from Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Carl Grundstrom, rights to defenseman Sean Durzi and 2019 first-round pick. | Muzzin traded to Maple Leafs by Kings
JANUARY 28: Dallas Stars acquire defenseman Jamie Oleksiak from Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for 2019 fourth-round pick. | Oleksiak traded to Stars by Penguins for 2019 pick
JANUARY 24: Los Angeles Kings acquire a 2019 fifth-round pick from Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for the reserve rights for forward Dominik Kubalik. | Kings Acquire Fifth Round Pick in 2019 NHL Draft from Blackhawks
JANUARY 21: Minnesota Wild acquire defenseman Brad Hunt and 2019 sixth-round pick from Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for 2019 conditional fifth-round pick. Vegas to receive the better of Minnesota’s own fifth-round pick or Washington’s fifth-round pick (previously acquired) in the 2019 NHL Draft. | Wild acquire defenseman Hunt
JANUARY 14: New York Rangers acquire forward Connor Brickley from Nashville Predators for forward Cole Schneider. | Schneider traded to Predators by Rangers for Brickley
JANUARY 11: Tampa Bay Lightning acquire defenseman Jan Rutta and 2019 seventh-round pick from Chicago Blackhawks for defenseman Slater Koekkoek and 2019 fifth-round pick. | Rutta traded to Lightning from Blackhawks for Koekkoek
JANUARY 11: Ottawa Senators acquire forward Morgan Klimchuk from Toronto Maple Leafs for forward Gabriel Gagne | Senators acquire Klimchuk from Maple Leafs
JANUARY 3: St. Louis Blues acquire goalie Jared Coreau from Anaheim Ducks for future considerations | Blues acquire Coreau from Ducks
JANUARY 2: Ottawa Senators acquire goalie Anders Nilsson and forward Darren Archibald from Vancouver Canucks for goalie Mike McKenna, forward Tom Pyatt and 2019 sixth-round pick | Nilsson, Archibald traded to Senators by Canucks for McKenna, Pyatt
DECEMBER 30: Edmonton Oilers acquire defensemen Brandon Manning and Robin Norell from Chicago Blackhawks for defenseman Jason Garrison and forward Drake Caggiula. | Caggiula acquired by Blackhawks from Oilers
DECEMBER 30: Edmonton Oilers acquire defenseman Alexander Petrovic from Florida Panthers for defenseman Chris Wideman and 2019 third-round pick. | Petrovic acquired by Oilers in exchange for Wideman
DECEMBER 29: Toronto Maple Leafs acquire goalie Michael Hutchinson from Florida Panthers for 2020 fifth-round pick. | Maple Leafs Acquire Hutchinson from Florida
DECEMBER 28: Anaheim Ducks acquire defenseman Trevor Murphy from Arizona Coyotes for forward Giovanni Fiore. | Ducks Acquire Murphy from Coyotes in Exchange for Fiore
DECEMBER 10: Toronto Maple Leafs acquire defenseman Steve Oleksy from Anaheim Ducks for forward Adam Cracknell. | Oleksy traded to Maple Leafs by Ducks
DECEMBER 5: Pittsburgh Penguins acquire defenseman Macoy Erkamps and forward Ben Sexton from Ottawa Senators in exchange for defenseman Stefan Elliott and forward Tobias Lindberg | Erkamps, Sexton traded to Penguins by Senators
NOVEMBER 27: Calgary Flames acquire defenseman Andrew Nielsen from the Toronto Maple Leafs for forward Morgan Klimchuk | Flames acquire Nielsen from Maple Leafs
NOVEMBER 25: Chicago Blackhawks acquire forwards Dylan Strome and Brendan Perlini from Arizona Coyotes for Nick Schmaltz | Strome, Perlini traded to Blackhawks by Coyotes for Schmaltz
NOVEMBER 22: Edmonton Oilers acquire defenseman Chris Wideman from Ottawa Senators for a conditional pick in the 2020 NHL Draft | Wideman traded to Oilers by Senators for 2020 Draft pick
NOVEMBER 21: Los Angeles Kings acquire forward Pavel Jenys from Minnesota Wild for defenseman Stepan Falkovsky | Jenys traded to Kings by Wild
OCTOBER 18:Tampa Bay Lightning acquire forward Mitch Hults from Anaheim Ducks in exchange for future considerations. | Lightning acquire forward Mitch Hults from Ducks
OCTOBER 3: Canadiens acquire defenseman Gustav Olofsson from Minnesota Wild for forward William Bitten | Canadiens acquire defenseman Gustav Olofsson
OCTOBER 1: Nashville Predators acquire forward Nicholas Baptiste from Buffalo Sabres for defenseman Jack Dougherty. |
OCTOBER 1: St. Louis Blues acquire defenseman Jakub Jerabek from Edmonton Oilers for 2020 sixth-round pick. | Jerabek traded to Blues by Oilers
SEPTEMBER 13: San Jose Sharks acquire defenseman Erik Karlsson, forward Francis Perron from Ottawa Senators for forward Chris Tierney, defenseman Dylan DeMelo, forward Rudolfs Balcers, rights to unsigned draft pick forward Joshua Norris, 2019 or 2020 first-round pick, 2019 second-round pick (the better of San Jose’s own or Florida’s own, previously acquired), conditional 2021 pick (San Jose’s own first or second-round pick) and a 2022 conditional pick (San Jose’s own first). | Karlsson traded to Sharks by Senators
SEPTEMBER 11: New York Rangers acquire defenseman Adam McQuaid from Boston Bruins for defenseman Steven Kampfer, a fourth-round pick and a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft. | McQuaid traded to Rangers by Bruins
SEPTEMBER 10: Vegas Golden Knights acquire forward Max Pacioretty from Montreal Canadiens for forward Tomas Tatar, forward prospect Nick Suzuki and a second-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft. | Pacioretty traded to Golden Knights by Canadiens
AUGUST 20: Montreal Canadiens acquire forward Hunter Shinkaruk from Calgary Flames for forward Kerby Rychel.
AUGUST 2: Buffalo Sabres acquire forward Jeff Skinner from Carolina Hurricanes for forward prospect Cliff Pu, a second-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, and a third-round and a sixth-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft. | Skinner traded to Sabres by Hurricanes
JULY 18: Columbus Blue Jackets acquire forward Ryan MacInnis from Arizona Coyotes for defenseman Jacob Graves and a conditional sixth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft. | Blue Jackets acquire Ryan MacInnis from Arizona
JULY 12: Arizona Coyotes acquire forward Vinnie Hinostroza, defenseman Jordan Oesterle, contract of forward Marian Hossa and a third-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft from Chicago Blackhawks for forward Marcus Kruger, forward Jordan Maletta, forward MacKenzie Entwistle, defenseman Andrew Campbell and a fifth-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft. | Hossa traded to Coyotes by Blackhawks in seven-player deal
JULY 1: St. Louis Blues acquire forward Ryan O’Reilly from Buffalo Sabres for forward Patrik Berglund, forward Vladimir Sobotka, forward Tage Thompson, a second-round pick in 2021 NHL Draft, and a first-round pick in 2019 or 2020 NHL Draft. | O’Reilly traded to Blues by Sabres
JUNE 30: Anaheim Ducks acquire forward Chase De Leo from Winnipeg Jets for forward Nicolas Kerdiles. |Ducks acquire De Leo from Jets
JUNE 30: Montreal Canadiens acquire goaltender Steve Mason, forward Joel Armia, a seventh-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft, and a fourth-round pick in 2020 NHL Draft from Winnipeg Jets for defenseman Simon Bourque. | Mason, Armia traded to Canadiens by Jets
JUNE 27: Buffalo Sabres acquire forward Conor Sheary and defenseman Matt Hunwick from Pittsburgh Penguins for a conditional fourth-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft. | Sheary, Hunwick traded to Sabres by Penguins
JUNE 27: Columbus Blue Jackets acquire goaltender J-F Berube from Chicago Blackhawks for forward Jordan Schroeder
JUNE 24: Arizona Coyotes acquire defenseman Robbie Russo from Detroit Red Wings for a conditional seventh-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 24: Chicago Blackhawks acquire forward Michael Chaput from Vancouver Canucks for forward Tanner Kero | Blackhawks acquire Chaput from Vancouver
JUNE 23: New York Rangers acquire No. 216 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Carolina Hurricanes for seventh-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Edmonton Oilers acquire goalie Hayden Hawkey from Montreal Canadiens for fifth-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Vegas Golden Knights acquire No. 208 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Pittsburgh Penguins for seventh-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Montreal Canadiens acquire No. 190 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Philadelphia Flyers for seventh-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Calgary Flames acquire forward Elias Lindholm and defenseman Noah Hanifin from Carolina Hurricanes for forward Micheal Ferland, defenseman Dougie Hamilton and defenseman Adam Fox | Hamilton, Ferland traded to Hurricanes by Flames
JUNE 23: Washington Capitals acquire No. 161 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Vancouver Canucks for No. 186 pick and sixth-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Columbus Blue Jackets acquire No. 159 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Detroit Red Wings for fifth-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Toronto Maple Leafs acquire No. 156 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Buffalo Sabres for sixth-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Chicago Blackhawks acquire No. 139 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Montreal Canadiens for fifth-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: Florida Panthers acquire No. 89 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Nashville Predators for third-round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.
JUNE 23: San Jose Sharks acquire No. 87 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Arizona Coyotes for No. 114 and No. 145 picks.
JUNE 23: Chicago Blackhawks acquire No. 74 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Arizona Coyotoes for No. 87 and No. 142 picks.
JUNE 23: Edmonton Oilers acquire No. 62 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Montreal Canadiens for No. 71 and No. 133 picks.
JUNE 23: Pittsburgh Penguins acquire No. 58 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Colorado Avalanche for No. 64 and No. 146 picks.
JUNE 22: St. Louis Blues acquire No. 25 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Toronto Maple Leafs for No. 29 and No. 76 picks.
JUNE 22: New York Rangers acquire No. 22 pick in 2018 NHL Draft from Ottawa Senators for No. 26 and No. 48 picks.
JUNE 19: San Jose Sharks acquire forward Mike Hoffman, defenseman Cody Donaghey and 2020 5th-round pick from Ottawa for forward Mikkel Boedker, defenseman Julius Bergman and 2020 6th-round pick. | Hoffman traded to Sharks by Senators for Boedker
JUNE 15: Arizona Coyotes acquire forward Alex Galchenyuk from Montreal for forward Max Domi. | Galchenyuk traded to Coyotes by Canadiens for Domi
JUNE 14: Arizona Coyotes acquire forward Hudson Fasching from Buffalo Sabres for forward Michael Sislo and rights to defenseman Brandon Hickey . | Fasching traded to Coyotes by Sabres for Hickey, Sislo
JUNE 13: Tampa Bay Lightning acquire forward Andy Andreoff from Los Angeles Kings for goaltender Peter Budaj. | Budaj traded to Kings by Lightning for Andreoff
JUNE 8: Toronto Maple Leafs acquire conditional seventh-round pick in 2020 NHL Draft from Edmonton Oilers for rights to forward Nolan Vesey . | Vesey traded to Oilers by Maple Leafs for conditional draft pick
By Harrison Brown