NoVa CAPtures Vol. 10 : The Wild, Wild Western Conference!

NoVaCAPtures

Hello fellow Capitals fans, and welcome to the latest installment of NoVa CAPtures! The fun, weekly article that showcases the amazing content we receive from you, the fans! In this installment, NoVa Caps’ presents some of the submissions sent in for this week.

Over the course of the season, thousands of fans show us how they Rock the Red in various ways, and we love all of your submissions! This is where we will showcase your love for the Washington Capitals.

If you would like to be featured in a future installment of NoVa CAPtures, send your content to the Community Section of our Facebook page, or by inboxing them to us on Instagram or Twitter (@nova_caps).

Alternatively, if your content is used and you would like us to remove it, please message any of our social media accounts and we’ll take your post(s) down accordingly. Please note that if you are advertising a product, even if it is Capitals themed, NoVa Caps will not assist you in those endeavors.

Please also note that submissions private messaged to our Facebook page run the risk of not being seen in time to make it to NoVa CAPtures. Please upload them directly to our page.

It’s been almost a month since the banner went up, the team has adjusted to life on the road again, and are now in the midst of an exciting tour through western Canada. The Caps have just earned a juicy win against the Vancouver Canucks to start the tour and are now looking ahead to facing Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers. The fans are restless on this, the first lengthy road trip of the season, and a lot of people are continuing to show their support for the Capitals, even when they’re as far away from home as they can be during the NHL season.

Let’s take a look at what some devoted fans are doing even now, as the boys in Red lock on to their next big challenge.

Engaged.jpg

Goooin’ to the chapel and we’re… goooooin’ get ma-a-arried~

This post was submitted to us and simply explained that this happy couple had to rock the red as hard as they could, even in their engagement photos! Congratulations to this beautiful couple on many happy years ahead! Perhaps Wilson’s cameo in your engagement photos will bring positive omens to both of you and the team? It seems like a stretch but I’m pulling for it to happen! I eagerly await to see the wedding photos the will follow. You will be submitting those for a future episode of NoVa CAPtures, right?

Submitted by: Ariana Patton
Photo by: BoschStudios Photography

CapsDevs2

I would have loved to have just put this awful blow out against the New Jersey Devils in the back of my mind, never to be seen again. But one of you kind people just had to remind me, didn’t you? Anyway, this shot was taken from inside the Prudential Center by a Caps fan during the away game. Not only that, but it was taken before the game really fell off the tracks. Still tied a goose egg per side, the submitter goes on to tell me that the Caps look really winded here, and have only put up on shot on goal thus far in. And man, was he ever right! The Capitals looked really tired and out of sorts that whole night. Thankfully, the past in the past and we’ve seen gotten the taste of that defeat out of our mouths. Regardless, a road trip to see the boys play is always a fun time and I hope this submitter had a blast, even though we lost!

Submitted by: Jason Carr

Outlaw

And now, ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, this week’s Caps Canine; Outlaw! Outlaw is sporting his favorite Washington Capitals bandanna around his neck and is ready to let you know that his favorite hockey team is the team currently defending the Stanley Cup. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more photogenic dog in my life, look at him! He is a beautiful boy and the fact that he’s wearing a Caps bandanna makes him even more beautiful!

To the owner, sorry if I got Outlaw’s gender wrong. It’s 2018; I really shouldn’t assume.

Submitted by: Linda LeFebvre

StingraysCupDay

So, you thought the Stanley Cup pictures were all said and done with, didn’t you? Well, you thought wrong! (And frankly, so did I…)

But that’s before Lord Stanley showed up at the doorstep of the Washington Capitals’ ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays! Normally, the Rays, being an ECHL team, compete for the Kelly Cup. But today, they were happy to welcome the hockey world’s greatest prize. This photo was sent to us by some Caps fans who live in the area, and I’m guessing by the jerseys, they frequent Rays games. How exciting it must have been to know that their team would get a day with the Stanley Cup! We were told the whole event was very well-organized and they were able to get several pictures of the Cup.

The Stanley Cup, an ECHL team affiliated with the Washington Capitals, and winning lottery ticket. Man, South Carolina has everything!

Submitted by: Kim Goynes

RockItRalph

This post came to us with a simple explanation, the poster’s daughter left her toys out and she thought we might appreciate what she saw.

My question is, WHO say this? Did her daughter intend for Rock It Ralph, erm, Wreck it Ralph to represent Tom Wilson? Or did the poster believe Ralph was Wilson? It leaves a lot of unanswered questions that I need answers to! In his movie, Ralph is a video game villain who means no harm outside of his assigned role. So I suppose in theory one would argue that Ralph and Tom have a lot in common. We also have a return from both figures to look forward to, Wreck It Ralph is getting a sequel coming to theaters Thanksgiving day, and Tom Wilson is almost over the halfway point of his suspension. I’ve also heard rumors starting to swirl about a third NHL Funko Pop wave being released. This wave is believed to contain a T.J. Oshie Pop. Can anyone confirm? I’m gonna need one of those.

And before you ask: no, I didn’t get paid to plug Ralph Breaks the Internet; I’m just really excited to see the film, myself. A video game nerd like me is in their prime when a fan service movie like this one comes out. Although, I wouldn’t say no it Pixar dropped me a check from the box office for the nod. Hey Disney, if you’re reading this, DM NoVa Caps for my info!

Submitted by: Meghann Roper

LOL

LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT IT AND LAUGH! This was either a misprint or was made by a trigger happy t-shirt designer who jumped the gun before the Eastern Conference Finals had concluded. But hey, at $3.99, I’d but it for the novelty. I”d hang it up in my Capitals themed mancave as a trophy right next to my jerseys. Way to go, Marshal’s, you done messed up. This is honestly hilarious, I can’t thank the poster enough for sending us this. I also can’t apologize to him enough for tagging my friend who’s a Bolts fan in the post, and having a lengthy spam conversation based on it. But seriously, I need that shirt, if for no other reason than to rub salt in his wounds.

Submitted by: Matt Foresta

Finally, NoVa Caps photographer Joe Noyes has taken a little (much-deserved) time off and has made his way to Iceland!

And that appears to be the latest submissions from you guys this week! Let’s remember to keep those posts coming; fan contribution keeps this series alive and well! There is nothing I don’t want to see submitted! Thank you to all of those who provided content for this iteration of NoVa CAPtures; I look forward to what we have to show off next time!

By: Chris Laroche

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.