Search NoVa Caps Site
- Washington at Montreal Preview: Capitals Conclude Road Trip Against Canadiens at Bell Centre
- Washington Capitals’ Prospect Eric Florchuk Continues Impressive Play in Blades 5-2 Win
- Capitals Practice News Roundup: The Return of the Holtbeast And More Injury Updates
- Hershey Bears Split Weekend Games against Cleveland Monsters (Photos)
- Monsters Mash Bears 5-2; Bears Split Penalty-Riddled Weekend Set
- From Kolzig to Holtby: Looking at the Washington Capitals’ Goalie Carousel – Part 2
- Washington Capitals at Colorado Avalanche – A Look At The Numbers: Rocky Mountain High
- Two Goals from Shane Gersich helps Hershey Bears Defeat Cleveland Monsters 6-1 (Photos)
- Shorthanded Capitals Defeat Grubauer, Avalanche, 3-2 (OT); Nicklas Backstrom Snipes Game-Winner
- Bears Mash Monsters 6-1; Shane Gersich Scores A Pair
Daily Archives: July 7, 2018
On June 4, 1972, the National Hockey League (NHL) board of governors awarded Washington, DC and Kansas City expansion franchises who would be the 17th and 18th franchises in the NHL.
Photo: @Capitals It’s been just over three weeks since the Capitals were crowned the 2018 Stanley Cup champions and since that time the team has been enjoying the first month of a celebratory summer with family and friends, and for … Continue reading
Photos: NHL Via Getty Images Imagine you fell asleep in 1974, the Caps’ first year of existence. You reawakened in June of 2018, the year the Capitals won their first Stanley Cup.
Photo: NHL.com The Capitals have done a great job of keeping the core pieces intact from their Stanley Cup run by re-signing key players such as defenseman John Carlson, defenseman Michal Kempny, and forward Devante Smith-Pelly, but they had to … Continue reading