Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Re-assign Aaron Ness to Hershey
- From Kolzig to Holtby: Looking At the Washington Capitals’ Goalie Carousel – Part 1
- Coyotes @ Capitals – Inside The Numbers: Washington’s Penalty Kill Woes and Lack Of Offense Continue
- Coyotes Drop Capitals 4-1; Washington’s Penalty Kill Gives Up Two More Goals
- Hershey Bears Defeat Springfield Thunderbirds 3-2 (Photos)
- Arizona at Washington Preview: Capitals Conclude Homestand Against Coyotes
- Hershey Bears Down Springfield Thunderbirds 3-2; Ilya Samsonov Stops 31 of 33 Shots
- Capitals Practice News Roundup: John Carlson Skates, Evgeny Kuznetsov Skips, Plus A Familiar Reunion
- Axel Jonsson-Fjällby is Adjusting To Life in Hershey and the American Hockey League
- Blue Jackets at Capitals – Inside The Numbers: Washington Penalty Kill Continues To Struggle
Daily Archives: June 23, 2018
Unless one is new to Capitals hockey, every Capitals fan who has watched a game broadcast on television will know and have had the pleasure of listening to the broadcasting duo of Capitals TV play-by-play announcer Joe Beninati and color … Continue reading
Photo: USA Today Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan has been quite busy over the last 48 hours or so, with the 2018 NHL Entry Draft taking up his time the last two days and a plethora of free agents to … Continue reading
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images In his four seasons as General Manager of the Capitals, Brian MacLellan has proved himself to be smart, calculating, and pretty darn effective at getting deals done, whether it be a contract or trade. And the franchise’s … Continue reading
“Sport is friendship, sport is health, sport is education, sport is life, sport brings the world together” – Juan Antonio Samaranch. I recently stumbled upon this quote shortly after watching the Washington Capitals win the Stanley Cup, and I will never … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com Goaltender Philipp Grubauer signed a three-year contract worth $10 million ($3.33 million AAV) with the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. Grubauer was sent to the Avalanche along with defenseman Brooks Orpik from the Washington Capitals for a second-round pick … Continue reading
With the 2018 NHL Entry Draft now in our rear view mirrors, we will begin breaking-down the last 12 months for each of the Washington Capitals prospects and provide a forecast for the coming season. We begin this series of reports … Continue reading
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images The 2018 NHL Entry Draft is be the first draft that will involve drafting of players primarily born in 2000; i.e. after the “turn of the millennium”. According to sociologists, this is the beginning of the transition … Continue reading
Photo: Sporting News The Colorado Avalanche have put defenseman Brooks Orpik for purposes of buying out the final year of his contract.
The Washington Capitals selected defenseman Martin Fehervary from IK Oskarshamn of Allsvenskan with the 46th overall pick and right wing Kody Clark from the Ottawa 67’s of the Ontario Hockey League from the 47th overall pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.
Photo: @Capitals With their 31st pick they selected left-handed defensemen Alexander Alexeyev. There will be an in-depth look at him (and the other picks) in subsequent posts. In the meantime, there’s still rounds two through seven to go.