Photo and video: @Capitals
The Capitals (4-4-1) held their Wednesday practice at 12:15 PM (PST) at UBC Thunderbird Arena in Vancouver, British, Columbia. The team arrived in Vancouver on Tuesday in advance of their tilt with the Canucks Thursday night. Puck drop is 10:00 PM. The Capitals will close-out their Western Canada road trip with games in Edmonton on Saturday and Calgary on Sunday.
The Capitals will hold a game-day morning skate tomorrow (Thursday) at 11:30 AM (PST) at Rogers Arena prior to their game against the Canucks.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) October 25, 2017
THE LATEST LINES
The forward lines remained the same as Tuesday at Kettler.
The Capitals defensive pairings remained the same as well: Djoos-Carlson, Orpik-Bowey, Orlov-Chorney. The second power play unit was tweaked to address Burakovsky’s spot.
Eller taking Burakovsky’s spot on PP2. Running the half wall. So that unit now has a center for faceoffs.
— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) October 25, 2017
FROM THE OTHER SIDE
The red-hot Vancouver Canucks (5-3-1) are heading home from their recent road trip with eight of a possible 10 points, including a win in their final roadie of the trip at Minnesota on Tuesday night.The Canucks had the day off on Wednesday.
— steve farrell (@capsbigbossman) October 25, 2017
- The Capitals won both games against the Canucks last season.
- Braden Holtby posted a 20-save shutout in his lone start against the Canucks last season while Philipp Grubauer stopped 23 of the 25 shots he faced against Vancouver.
- Tom Wilson led Washington with two goals in two games against the Canucks in 2016-17.
- Wilson has scored four goals in seven career games against Vancouver, the most goals Wilson has against a single franchise.
- T.J. Oshie has tallied 21 points (7g, 14a) in 25 career games against the Canucks while John Carlson has earned eight points (2g, 6a) in nine career games against Vancouver.
— Kelsey Ohleger (@KelseySocial) October 25, 2017
Road Ahead: Capitals face a big, early season test in Western Canada.