Hershey Bears Fall to Milwaukee Admirals 4-1, Still Looking for First Win of the Season

Photo: Milwaukee Admirals

The Hershey Bears opened their three-game Midwest road trip Friday night with a 4-1 loss to the undefeated Milwaukee Admirals. The Bears (0-3-0-1) have yet to win a game in four tries this season. Hershey will get right back to work Saturday night when they visit the Grand Rapid Griffins. The Bears will finish-up their three-in-three set Sunday night in Illinois when the face the Rockford Ice Hogs

Parker Milner got the start in goal for the Bears with Anders Lindback getting the start for the Admirals. This was the Bears first trip to Milwaukee since their Calder Cup campaign in 2006.

The first period would be infraction-free until the Bears’ John Albert was called for holding at the 6:56 mark and the Admirals would quickly capitalize. Emil Pettersson would find Trevor Smith down low who quickly fed Tyler Kelleher in front of the net for the tic-tac-goal, just 6 seconds into the power play, at the 7:02 mark of the first period.

However, Wayne Simpson would tie the game for the Bears with an unassisted goal at the 10:58 mark of the opening frame. Simpson’s tying tally would come on a heated wrister from the top of the right circle. This was Simpson’s first goal as a Bear.

Scoring chances were minimal in the first frame, with shots on goal tied 2-2 through the first 15 minutes of the opening frame. The first period would end with the game tied 1-1. The Admirals led in shots on goal 9-6 for the first 20 minutes of play. The Bears were 3 for 4 on the penalty kill and the Admirals 1 for 1 on the kill in the opening frame. Lewington, Gazley, Johansen and Albert were all called for minor penalties in the first period.

The Bears would be the benefactor’s of an early power play early in the middle frame but would be unable to convert. The Bears and Admirals would continue scoreless play through the middle on the second period with the Bears leading in shots on goal 4-1 at the 10 minute mark of the middle frame.

The Admirals would take the lead on a goal by Tyler Moy at the 13:51 mark of the middle frame. Yakov Trenin threw a puck to the front of the net from the left wing, which was deflected in front of the net by Moy, giving the Admirals a 2-1 lead.

The second period would end with the Admirals leading 2-1. The Bears led in shots on goal 8-6 for the second period, with the teams tied 15-15 through two periods of play. The Bears were 2 for 2 on the penalty kill for the period. The Admirals were 1 for 1. The Admirals had 27 seconds of a 5-on-3 power play but could not convert.

The Admirals would stretch their lead to 3-1 on a goal by Vladislav Kamenev 1:31 into the final frame. Anthony Richard and Stephen Perfetto were credited with the assists.

The Admirals would add an empty net goal to seal the victory for Milwaukee, 4-1. The Admirals outshot the Bears 11-3 in the final frame, and 25-17 for the game.

The AHL box score can be found here.
A full recap from the Hershey Bears can be found here.


About Jon Sorensen

Jon has been a Caps fan since day one, attending his first game at the Capital Centre in 1974. His interest in the Caps has grown over the decades and included time as a season ticket holder. He has been a journalist covering the team for 10+ years, primarily focusing on analysis, analytics and prospect development.
This entry was posted in Game Re-Caps, Hershey Bears, News and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Hershey Bears Fall to Milwaukee Admirals 4-1, Still Looking for First Win of the Season

  1. Pingback: Chandler Stephenson Notches Hat Trick as Bears Get First Win | NoVa Caps

  2. Pingback: Vitek Vanecek Earns the Shutout in Hershey Bears’ 3-0 win over the Milwaukee Admirals | NoVa Caps

Leave a Reply