Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Prospect Report Cards: Game 5 vs. St. Louis Blues
- Capitals Mute Blues, 4-0; Pheonix Copley Dazzles Against Former Team
- Examining the Goaltending Equipment Changes for 2018-19
- The Stanley Cup Ends Capitals Summer Tour and Has Been Delivered for Engraving
- DSP Disappearing Act: Devante Smith-Pelly Still A No-Go For the Caps
- All The News Leading Up To Capitals-Blues: Preseason Game #5
- Around the Metro: Say Hello to Gritty, the NHL’s New Nightmare Fuel
- Capitals Sign Alexander Alexeyev To Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Capitals Release Third Jersey For 2018-19
- Capitals Alumni Profile: Dmitri Khristich
Daily Archives: October 7, 2017
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images You know that saying, you can’t win a game in the first period but you can sure lose it? I don’t think that saying applies to the game between the Capitals and the … Continue reading
ALLENTOWN, PA — The Hershey Bears traveled to in-state rival Lehigh Valley to open their 80th season of hockey, and came away on the wrong side of a 7-2 game.
Photo: NHL The Washington Capitals beat the Montreal Canadiens 6-1 on Saturday night at Capital One Arena. The win raised the Capitals record to 2-0-0 for the season. The Capitals next head back on the road for a tilt in … Continue reading
For nine seasons, defenseman Karl Alzner provided the Capitals with a steady presence on the blueline, consistently shutting down the opposition’s best players. When the 2017-18 Capitals took the ice for their home opener tonight, they did so without the … Continue reading
For the third consecutive year, the Capitals held their annual Rock the Red Carpet before their home opener against the Montreal Canadiens. A couple hundred of fans showed up hours early to get autographs and see their team before the … Continue reading
Photo: Capitals Nathan Walker, Australia set to make NHL debut, Peter Bondra returns to the Caps, prep for home opener against the Canadiens, Karl Alzner returns to the District and much more in this evening’s Capitals links:
The Capitals announced today that they have hired Capital alumni Peter Bondra as Director of Alumni Affairs and Business Development.
Diversity is a big thing in sports today, especially in the NHL. This is a league with many great names from different countries playing the sport we all love. From Canadiens, to Russians, to Swedes, and even Americans, each athlete … Continue reading
It’s game number two, and this one should be, shall we say, a doozy. Why? On top of it being the home opener for the Washington Capitals, they get an early visit from an old friend.
Photo by Mark Goldman/Icon Sportswire Coming off a season-opening 5-4 shootout win at the Senators on Thursday, Washington returns home on Saturday to host the Montreal Canadiens in their 2017-18 home opener. There are plenty of headlines going into this … Continue reading