The Capitals held their final practice this morning at Kettler to finalize preparations for Game 2. The Caps are set to host game 2 tonight at Verizon Center. Puck-drop is 8:25 PM. The Capitals will hold a morning skate on Sunday, before heading to Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon.
Although Coach Barry Trotz wouldn’t confirm, it sounds like Taylor Chorney will be in the lineup tonight for Dmitri Orlov. Trotz said everyone is “available” tonight. Wouldn’t discuss the lineup. Photos from morning skate can be found here:
Tom Wilson dealing with the Pittsburgh media:
Wilson: Pitt media said “it was just a crazy Game 1, it was an octagon, not a rink. and I don’t think they really watched the Philly series”
— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) April 30, 2016
NEWS AND NOTES
- Former Caps coach Bruce Boudreau fired by Anaheim Ducks on Friday.
- T.J. Oshie said a neighbor left that Penguins poster on his stoop. His wife and daughter turned it into viral magic.
- Tom Wilson was mic’d-up for game 1 (NHL.com)
- “Caps Talk” with John Walton will be live from the Green Turtle starting at 4PM. Video will also be available on Monumental Sports website.
- If you are on Twitter, you can follow NoVa Caps at @NoVa_Caps
- Caps viewing party for Game 4, this Wednesday night at Verizon Center. More here:
New shirts available:
— MonumentalSportsNet (@MonSportsNet) April 30, 2016
- For the Penguins, Sheary’s in for Game 2; Kunitz is a game-time decision.
- Braden Holtby is 4-1 in his career in Game 2s with one shutout and a .960 SV%
- Tom Wilson on Sheary hit: “I was just gonna bluff check him, give him a fake attack, go to the bench and our legs got caught up.” (Isabelle Khurshudyan)
Evgeny Kuznetsov not sweating slow start to playoffs:
Kuznetsov, on how much more productive he was in last year’s playoffs: “You know, dollar against Ruble last year was different, too.”
— Dan Steinberg (@dcsportsbog) April 30, 2016
Quietly, Braden Holtby set a franchise record in game 1:
Everybody’s gets a goody tonight:
— #RockTheRed (@washcaps) April 30, 2016
Skate Shavings: News and Notes from Morning Skate (Mike Vogel)
Caps Out to Protect Home Ice Advantage in Game 2 (Mike Vogel)
Two-Man Advantage (Video) (Mike Vogel and John Walton)
Trotz Admits his leash with Orlov is Short (CSNMA)
Has Mike Milbury come around on Alex Ovechkin? It’s complicated. (WaPo)
The Narrative: Wilson’s Wallet, Orlov’s Leash and Getting Physical (JapersRink)
Japers’ Rink on Capitals Radio 24/7: Looking For More From the Second Line
Boudreau fired as Ducks coach (SI)
Tom Wilson says his fined hit on Conor Sheary wasn’t intentional (WaPo)
Taylor Chorney may replace Dmitry Orlov on blue line in Game 2 (WaPo)