The Capitals returned to Kettler Saturday morning to hold their final practice before heading to Philadelphia Saturday afternoon. Puck-drop for game 6 is 12:00 noon on Sunday.
Brooks Orpik (injury)
Brooks Orpik did not practice with the team today, but did skate on his own and will travel with the team to Philadelphia.
As one might expect, the Caps worked on net-front presence this morning at practice:
— Chuck Gormley (@ChuckGormleyCSN) April 23, 2016
NEWS AND NOTES:
- The Capitals out-shot the Flyers 44-11 in last night’s 3-0 loss.
- Of the 44 shots on goal by the Caps yesterday, 12 were within 20 feet of the net.
- The Flyers are first team to win a playoff game with 11 shots on goal since Capitals in Game 4 vs. Ottawa in 1998, per Elias.
- Alex Ovechkin has registered nine points (5g, 4a) in nine career Game 6s.
- Jason Chimera will not receive a hearing for this hit on Voracek.
Caps Visit Flyers in High Noon Game 6 Matinee (Mike Vogel)
Postgame Notebook: Flyers 2, Capitals 0 (Mike Vogel)
Barry Trotz post-practice media session (Video) (Monumental Sports)
Evgeny Kuznetsov’s post-practice interview (Video) (Monumental Sports)
Justin williams’ post-practice interview (Video) (Monumental Sports)
Capitals vs Flyers Game 5: What Worked and What Didn’t (Japers’ Rink)
A tough Game 5 for Mr. Game 7 (Chuck Gormley)
Despite Game 5 loss, Capitals remain positive (NHL.com)
Flyers ‘pretty excited for Game 6’ after latest win (NHL.com)
Capitals disappointed with their discipline in Game 5 (WaPo)
Evgeny Kuznetsov really appreciated T.J. Oshie’s Game 5 fight with Brayden Schenn (WaPo)
Defenseman Brooks Orpik will travel with Capitals to Philadelphia (WaPo)
Shirst to be given away to all Flyers fans for Game 6:
Check out a sneak peek of tomorrow’s shirts!
— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) April 23, 2016
Braden Hotby taking care of fans after practice today:
— Jason (@xxJasterxx) April 23, 2016