The Capitals held practice this afternoon at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, in preparation for their game 4 match-up tomorrow night (Thursday) against the Flyers. Puck-drop is 7:00 PM.
Brooks Orpik (upper body injury) did not practice with the team today. The lines at practice:
Braden Holtby had a collision with a teammate during practice and left the ice.
Braden Holtby left the ice after colliding with a teammate. He has not returned.
— Jill Sorenson (@JillCSN) April 19, 2016
Trotz said Orpik won’t play tomorrow. Said Holtby got “nicked up,” but he doesn’t anticipate him not playing.
— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) April 19, 2016
CSNMA caught Braden Holtby leaving after practice today and it appeared that Holtby was walking fine.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Coach Trotz confirmed that Brooks Orpik will not play tomorrow.
- Philadelphia’s Pierre-Edouard Bellemare will have a hearing today for checking from behind on Washington’s Dmitry Orlov.
- With two goals and an assist last night, Alex Ovechkin passed Dale Hunter for most playoff points in Capitals franchise history (74). In addition, Ovechkin scored the game-winning goal on Monday, tying Jason Chimera and Peter Bondra for the most game-winning goals in franchise postseason history
- In each of his last 13 playoff wins, Braden Holtby has allowed either one goal or zero goals.
- Reminder: Game 4 viewing party on Wednesday at Verizon Center. More info and registration here:
- Dont forget to catch “Caps Talk” with John Walton each weekday from 4-6PM on Caps Radio.
- Ron Hextall, the Flyers General Manager apparently was not watching the same Orlov play as the rest of us last night:
Ron Hextall said he’s watched Bellemare hit “50 times” and doesn’t think it’s Bellemare’s fault. Says there is some responsibility on Orlov.
— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) April 19, 2016
Tom Wilson saying what all of Caps Nations is feeling:
Tom Wilson: “The fact that we can have that meltdown in their rink is awesome.”
— Dan Steinberg (@dcsportsbog) April 19, 2016
And from the Dumb and Dumber files:
The #NYR will be distributing light-up bracelets to fans at Madison Square Garden tonight.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) April 19, 2016
POST GAME INTERVIEWS (LAST NIGHT)
— #RockTheRed (@washcaps) April 19, 2016
CAPS RECAP OF GAMES 1 AND 2 AT VERIZON CENTER
— MonumentalSportsNet (@MonSportsNet) April 19, 2016
Caps overpower and frustrate Philly, 6-1 (Mike Vogel)
Post-game notebook, Caps 6, Flyers 1 (Mike Vogel)
Barry Trotz post-practice media session (Video) (Monumental Sports)
Rinkside update – Jay Beagle (Video) (Monumental Sports)
Goaltender Braden Holtby leaves practice early after collision with teammate (WaPo)
Brooks Orpik won’t play in Game 4 against Flyers (WaPo)
Capitals vs. Flyers Recap: Caps Have Nice Trip to Zoo, Win 6-1 (Japers’ Rink)
Capitals turn Game 3 into a blowout, 6-1, for commanding 3-0 series lead (WaPo)
Capitals react to wristbands being thrown on the ice by fans in Philadelphia (WaPo)
An NHL team embarrassed itself in Philadelphia. (It wasn’t the Capitals.) (WaPo)
Evgeny Kuznetsov ends goal-scoring drought in Game 3 victory (WaPo)
All eyes on Brooks Orpik after defenseman forced from Game 3 (WaPo)
Jeremy Roenick: ‘Inexcusable’ hit on Dmitry Orlov ‘disgusts me’ (WaPo)