The Washington Capitals return to Verizon Center tonight to play host to the Los Angeles Kings. Puck-drop is 7:00 PM. Brooks Orpik participated in line rushes this morning, and is expected to make his first start after missing the last 40 games.
Philipp Grubauer was the first goalie off the ice at practice this morning, which signifies he will get the start against the Kings tonight. Jonathan Quick will get the start in net for the Kings. Quick has been sidelined since February 11th with a lower-body injury. This will be Grubauer’s first start since February 2nd. Stanislav Galiev and Taylor Chorney will be the healthy scratches for tonight’s game.
Holtby Save Of The Day
News and Notes
- Brooks Orpik was officially added to the active roster and is now officially off of long-term injured reserve.
- As per General Fanager, once Brooks Orpik is officially activated (Today) from LTIR, The Capitals projected season-end cap space will be $248,760. The team can add ~$1.15M at the trade deadline.
- As per Isabelle Khurshudyan, Trotz said he doesn’t have an update on when Beagle will start practicing with the team. Have the luxury to be cautious, so they will be. Beagle has been skating before practices, but there is still no timetable for his return to a regular practice or to the Caps’ lineup.
- “Caps Talk,” a new two hour daily call-in show airing from 4-6 p.m. Monday through Friday, will debut on Caps Radio 24/7 on Monday, Feb. 15. You can access Caps Radio here:
- Still time to pick-up your Courage Caps and T-Shirts. 100% of the proceeds benefit Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), a nonprofit organization that helps families of the fallen. For more information and to order, click here:
After missing 40 games, Brooks Orpik is back in the lineup (WaPo)
Justin Williams is adjusting to life with the Washington Capitals (LA Times)
Ex-Kings player Justin Williams: Playing old team isn’t ‘just another game’ (WaPo)
Mike Richards and the pressure to fit with the Washington Capitals (Yahoo Sports)
Head Coach Barry Trotz’s interview after practice (Monumental Sports)
Interview with Justin Williams on playing his old team tomorrow(Monumental Sports)
Brooks Orpik nearing long-awaited return to lineup (WaPo)
If the Capitals make a move at the trade deadline, what would it be? (WaPo)
Follow NoVa Caps on Twitter: @NoVa_Caps