The Washington Capitals returned to Kettler this morning after wrapping up their 5-day, three-game road trip on Saturday night. The Caps return to action tomorrow night when they host the Los Angeles Kings at Verizon Center. Puck-drop is 7:00 PM.
All players, with the exception of Jay Beagle, were present for this morning’s practice. Brooks Orpik practiced participated in as well.
As per Diane Roberts: Trotz on how practice went today: “I don’t think we were as sharp as we should have been today.” Trotz was disappointed w/low energy at practice this morning -“It’s Feb”. Knows team has a way of bringing it on game day.
Video By NoVa Caps fan Mark Pirritano
As per Julian Coltrae: Brooks Orpik on if he’ll play tomorrow vs. LA: “We’ll see, gotta run it by the staff tomorrow but we’ll check it out.” Trotz said “we’ll see” on Orpik too. Also said “no shot” in regards to going with seven defensemen for game-day roster. “If he’s healthy he’ll play.”
News And Notes
- Trotz said it is “going to be difficult to choose between Chorney/Orlov” as far as lineup changes when Orpik is ready to go. ‘If we need a little more offensive player maybe it’s (Orlov) If we need more steady it’s probably (Chorney)’
- Trotz would not commit to naming a starting goalie for tomorrow’s game with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov earned two assists on Saturday at Dallas, marking his League-leading 12th multi-assist game of the season.
- Andre Burakovsky scored a goal on Saturday at Dallas. The Malmo, Sweden, native has earned 15 points in his last 13 games (7g, 8a) and has tallied a point in 11 of his last 13 games.
- “Caps Talk,” a new two hour daily call-in show airing from 4-6 p.m. Monday through Friday, will debut on Caps Radio 24/7 on Monday, Feb. 15. You can access Caps Radio here:
- Today is the two-year anniversary of the epic shootout between Team USA and Team Russia, staring T.J. Oshie:
Justin Williams is adjusting to life with the Washington Capitals (LA Times)
Mike Richards and the pressure to fit with the Washington Capitals (Yahoo Sports)
Head Coach Barry Trotz’s interview after practice (Monumental Sports)
Interview with Justin Williams on playing his old team tomorrow (Monumental Sports)
Brooks Orpik nearing long-awaited return to lineup (WaPo)
If the Capitals make a move at the trade deadline, what would it be? (WaPo)